More than 30 regional and international luminaries are due to speak in Singapore at the Healthcare Travel Congress 2009 www.healthcaretravel-singapore.com from June 29-30, 2009. These leading medical experts will share their vision and insights on medical tourism, with topics varying from cross-border marketing, patient care and safety, medical insurance, strategic partnerships, to quality accreditation.
Ruben Toral, president, International Medical Travel Association, will open the Healthcare Travel Congress 2009 at the Fairmont Hotel in Singapore. The congress theme, “The Globalization of Healthcare,” underscores the need to address areas crucial to the expansion and sustainability of the booming medical tourism businesses in Asia.
Speakers at the Healthcare Travel Congress 2009 include:
– Brent Phillips, International Administrator, Mayo Clinic, USA
– Josef Woodman, Author, Patients without Borders, USA
– Prof. Tan Ser Kiat, Group CEO, Singhealth, Singapore
– Vishal Bali, CEO, Wockhardt Hospitals Group, India
– Anil Maini, President-Corporate Strategy, Apollo Hospitals Group, India
– Dr. Claudia Mika, President, Telemedicine for the Mobile Society (TEMOS), Germany
– Dr. Tyrone Goh, Executive Director, National Healthcare Group, Singapore
– Dr. Jason Yap, Director (Marketing), Raffles Hospital of the Raffles Medical Group, Singapore
– Ruben Toral, President, International Medical Travel Association (IMTA)
– Kenneth Mays, Director of Marketing, Bumrungrad International, Thailand
– Ori Karev, CEO, United Health International, USA
These speakers will cover topics including:
– US Payer Insight: What Payers want from International Providers
– Promoting Physicians To Attract Local and Global Patients
– Riding On The New Online Marketing Platform
– Leveraging On Telemedicine Technologies To Enhance Post Operative Care
– Dealing with Malpractice and Liabilities: Protection Strategies for the Providers
– Developing and Managing International Patient Centres (IPCs)
– Effective International Preferred Provider Organization (IPPO) Strategies
“Delegates will be able to gain valuable experiences and expert knowledge provided by industry leaders, and thereafter aid organizations [to] refine business strategies to maintain a competitive advantage in providing quality healthcare services,” said Ms. Rebecca Wolfe, divisional director of IBC Asia – a company owned by the Informa Group.
Dedicated to Asia’s Healthcare
“The Healthcare Travel Exhibition and Congress 2009 is a learning and networking platform that focuses on Asia’s fast-growing medical tourism industry. Attendees can expect to be involved in the exchange of discussions relating to the development of the industry, as well as learn about the latest innovations, products, and services in healthcare travel,” said Mr. Andrew Keable, division director, IIR Exhibitions, Life Sciences Asia Pacific.
Besides bringing together medical professionals, the event also caters to consumers who are seeking knowledge and advice on personal healthcare. The Readers’ Digest Healthcare Consumer Summit will be held on June 28. Open to the public, this event aims to increase consumer’s knowledge on aesthetic solutions and lasik surgeries, as well as ways to prevent and manage critical illnesses and chronic diseases.
The Healthcare Travel Exhibition will present Singapore and Korea pavilions, as well as exhibiting companies from the US, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Visitors will be able to view the latest innovations, products, and services during the three-day exhibition.
For more information, please visit www.healthcaretravel-singapore.com.