Luxury hotels: Two resorts in Tanzania rank among world’s most expensive hotels
Two luxury resorts in Tanzania are listed among the most expensive hotels in the world.
Two luxury resorts in Tanzania are listed among the most expensive hotels in the world. A recent survey conducted by TravelMag.com came to this conclusion after comparing the summer rates of luxury hotels across the globe.
The survey established the world’s 20 most expensive luxury hotels for the months of July and August 2014, the main summer holiday period. The minimum price a couple can expect to spend to stay at each respective hotel served as the survey’s basis of comparison.
The Singita Sasakwa Lodge, a ranch-style hotel set on a hill with panoramic views of the Serengeti Plains, ranks as the seventh most expensive accommodation in the world. A price tag of $3,700 per night for a vacationing couple during the 2014 summer months catapulted this hotel into the Top 10. A bit cheaper, and rounding out the Top 10, is the Mnemba Island Lodge. Situated on an exclusive island about three miles away from the northeastern tip of Zanzibar, this hotel is charging couples $3,100 nightly this summer, according to the survey.
Honors for the most expensive hotel in the world go to North Island Lodge. To stay overnight at this private island resort located in the Seychelles, a vacationing couple can anticipate spending, on average, $6,995. Another two private island resorts, a second in the Seychelles and one in Fiji, rank second and third most expensive in the world.
Following are the world’s 10 most expensive hotels. The rates listed reflect the average nightly amount a couple has to spend to stay at each respective resort during the summer period spanning July 1 through August 31, 2014.
1. North Island Lodge (Mahé, Seychelles) $6,995
2. Fregate Island (Seychelles) $5,246
3. Laucala Resort (Taveuni, Fiji) $5,040
4. Khwai River Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3,800
5. Savute Elephant Camp (Chobe, Botswana) $3,800
6. Eagle Island Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3,800
7. Singita Sasakwa Lodge (Serengeti, Tanzania) $3,700
8. Clayoquot Wilderness Resort (Vancouver Island, Canada) $3,681
9. Le Dune, Forte Village Resort (Sardinia, Italy) $3,114
10. Mnemba Island Lodge (Zanzibar, Tanzania) $3,100
Find the full results of the survey at: http://www.travelmag.com/articles/most-expensive-hotels/