ORLANDO, Florida – Skal International Orlando, the only international organization bringing together sectors of the travel and tourism industry, while networking, conducting business and helping communities locally, nationally and internationally, has announced its slate of officers for 2013-2014. The first Skal club was founded in Paris, France in 1932 by travel trade managers. From that modest beginning, Skal members now number more than 18,000 in over 450 clubs spread throughout 87 countries.
– Scott Tripoli, General Manager of Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World, has been appointed President.
– Richard Scinta, Vice President Club and Association Governance for Wyndham Vacation Ownership, has been appointed Vice President.
– Jeff Chase, Vice President of Business Development for VillaDirect Vacation Homes, has been appointed Secretary.
– Duane Winjum, General Manager of Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, has been appointed Treasurer.
– Tom White, has been named Executive Secretary/Treasurer
Voted Skal International Club of the Year 2006-2007 and North American Club of the Year in 2007. For more information, go to www.skalorlando.com . For membership information, contact Dennis BeMent, Membership Development Officer, Skal International Orlando, at [email protected] .