At the ongoing 27th African Union Summit in Kigali, the African Union issues today a decision on African Candidatures with the International System.
The African Union Executive Council takes note of the report of the Ministerial Committee on African Candidatures within the international system.
The Council Approved:
– To the post of member of the United Nations Joint Inspection Unit for the period 2018-2022, during elections scheduled for November 2016, the candidature of Mrs. Sukai Prom-Jackson of the Islamic Republic of the Gambia
– To the post of Member of the United Nations International Law Commission for the period 2017-2021, during elections scheduled on the occasion of the 71st regular session of the UN General Assembly in 2016, the candidature of Dr. Ahmed Laraba of the People’s Republic of Algeria, Professor Charles C Jalloh of the Republic of Sierra Leone, Prof Tiyahjana Mauwa of the Republic of Malawi
– To the post of President of the International Telecommunications Satellite Organization during elections scheduled for October 12-14, 2016 in Washington, DC, the candidature of Engineer Francis Patrick Massambu or the Republic of Uganda
– To the post of President of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) during elections scheduled for February 2017, the candidature of Mr. Gilbert Fussun Houngbo of the Republic of Togo
To post of Director Cereal of the Unite Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) during elections scheduled for March 2017, the candidature of Ambassador Dr. Moushira Khattab of the Arab Republic of Egypt
– To the post of President of Interpol, during elections scheduled for November 2016 in Bali, Indonesia, the candidature of Brigadier General Sebastian Haitota Ndeitunga of the Republic of Namibia
– To the post of President of the World Congress of United Cities and Local Governments, during elections scheduled from 15-17 October 2016 in Bogota, Colombia, the candidature of Mr.Parks Tau, Executive Mayor of the City of Johannesburg, South Africa
The Executive Council approves endorsement for:
– Election to the post of the Secretary General of the World dTourism Organization, the election process of which starts in October 2016, the Candidature of Dr. Eng. Walter Mzembi of the Republic of Zimbabwe
Also the Council takes note of and decides to endorse the following candidatures:
– To the post of Member of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) for the period 2017-2019 (Category 2) during eat 39th ICAO Assembly scheduled from September 27 to October 7 the candidature of The Republic of South Africa, The Federal Republic of Nigeria, The Arab Republic of Egypt
– To the post of President of the United Nations Economic and Social Council, during the election scheduled in July 2016 in New York, the candidature of the Republic of Zimbabwe
– To the post of Member of the Council of Administration of the Universal Postal Union (UPU(, during elections scheduled for September/October 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey the candidature of The Republic of Ghana, the Republic of Kenya, Burkina Faso
– To the post of Member of the United Nations Committee on Contributions, during elections scheduled to be held at the 71st Session of the United Nations General Assembly, the candidature of The Republic of Gabon, The Republic of Senegal.
– To the post of member of the United Nations Committee on Conferences during elections scheduled to be held at the 71st Session of the United Nations General Assembly, the candidature of the Republic of Kenya