The Tourism Authority of Thailand issued the following updates as of December 5, 07:30 hours, Bangkok time:
– Don Mueang Airport is back in service as of December 4, 06:00 hrs. (Bangkok time).
– Airport operations to resume at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on December 6, 2008.
– All express check-in counters at BITEC – the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre will close at midnight on December 4, 2008.
– Airport operations at Suvarnabhumi International Airport are scheduled to resume on December 6, 2008.
– Following the re-opening of Suvarnabhumi International Airport on December 6, 2008, remaining tourists/travelers are advised to contact airline reservation centers directly by telephone or e-mail to re-confirm their intention to travel in accordance with standard airline procedures for flight reservations requests.
– Full airport operations will resume following a re-certification of the airport in accordance with internationally-recognized standards and guidelines established by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), an agency of the United Nations.
– The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has offered assistance to stranded passengers by providing accommodation and meals since November 25, 2008. This will continue until December 9, 2008, midnight (Bangkok time).