Oberoi Hotels & Resorts Rolls Out Romance Experiences for Valentine’s Day
Experiences include renewal of vows, private dinners and rejuvenating spa ceremonies
Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, one of the top luxury brands in the world, has created personalized, romantic experiences throughout its luxurious resorts ahead of Valentine’s Day. Set in some of the world’s most romantic locales, from India to Indonesia, the special offerings include one-of-a-kind experiences such as a romantic dinner in full view of the Taj Mahal in Agra to a private dinner at the pier in Sahl Hasheesh. A sampling of the experiences available at varying resorts can be found below. For a full listing of experiences, please visit www.oberoihotels.com
- Taj Romance of Amarvilas: After being welcomed with a traditional foot cleansing ceremony on a special khadau chappal, guests can experience a full body massage with richly aromatic attar oils using traditional kasa bowls. Gliding these kasa bowls on joints and along the body’s meridian lines, allows tensed muscles to relax. The experience concludes with dhara, a continuous, warm, aromatic flow onto the forehead, which calms the third eye and promotes a profound sense of relaxation. Duration: three hours; Price $419 + taxes per couple.
- Renewal of Vows Ceremony: Visitors can renew wedding vows in one of the most romantic cities in the world onsite at the resort, while adorned in traditional Indian attire, provided by the resort. Duration: 30 minutes; Price $300 + taxes for a couple.
- Sunset at Naila Fort: Known as an unmistakably unique Oberoi experience, individuals can discover the magnificent Naila Fort in a luxury chauffeur driven car while sipping on high tea or refreshing beverages and watch the sun go down with a loved one. Duration: three hours; Price $125 + taxes for a couple.
- Poolside Dinner: Guests can enjoy a handcrafted meal centered around Rajasthani cuisine with someone special by the light of mashaal torches and beside views of the ancient ‘haveli’, a traditional townhouse or mansion. Duration: two hours; Price $230 + taxes for a couple.
- Romance of Udaivilas: The journey begins with long, symmetrical massage strokes delivered with a warm poultice, prepared with Indian herbs and warm therapeutic oil. This is followed by a relaxing facial, then a classic Indian head massage for the scalp, neck and shoulders. The experience concludes with the signature dhara, a warm aromatic blend poured in a stream over the forehead, which stimulates the third eye and promotes a profound sense of oneness and wellbeing. Duration three hours; Price $419 + taxes per couple.
- Sunset Boat Ride on Lake Pichola: Couples can watch the sun set over the Aravalis, then enjoy the ambiance when the stars come out and the lights come on in City Palace from the privacy of a boat for two. Duration 45 minutes; Price $83 + taxes for up to four guests.
- Picnic at The Peak: Lovers will enjoy a private nature walk and an Oberoi picnic basket on the grounds of The Peak; a bungalow that dates back to 1863. Perched on a hilltop and nestled amongst ten acres of terraced apple orchards, The Peak offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscaped hill slopes. Duration four hours; Price $209 + taxes per couple.
- Private Dining in Lutyens’ Hall: Visitors can indulge in a handcrafted four-course meal and a bottle of fine wine surrounded by crystal chandeliers, garden views and intuitive service resulting in the perfect recipe for a romantic dining experience. Duration two hours; Price $209 + taxes for a couple.
- Exotic Candlelit Dinner: Foodies can savour an exquisite, starlit dinner on the shores of Seminyak beach, while admiring breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean and Bali’s dramatic coastline. The experiences includes a bespoke menu, designed in collaboration with master chefs, accompanied by soft, traditional Balinese instruments and the sound of crashing waves. Duration two hours; Price $323 + taxes for a couple.
- Full Moon Celebration: Don Balinese sarongs and honour the full moon with flowers and blessings in the gardens guided by a member of the Oberoi team. A private dinner for two on the moonlit seashore completes the experience. Duration 45 minutes; Price $260 + taxes for a couple.
- Romantic Sunset Dinner by the Beach: This offering includes a romantic, candlelit dinner on the soft, white sands of Medana beach. Guests can savour a specially curated seven-course meal featuring the finest Indonesian delicacies while enjoying sunset views of Bali’s Mount Agung with the one they love. Timing 7:00 to 11:00 p.m.; Price $323 + taxes for a couple.
- Sunset Cruise: Couples can cross the Oberoi gardens to a private jetty before boarding a private boat for two. Glide across calm ocean waters and around Medana Bay in time for sunset views over Bali’s Mount Agung. Complemented by handcrafted gourmet canapés and beverages for a distinctly Oberoi experience. Timing 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Duration two hours. Price $172 for a couple. Price includes taxes.
- Bubbles and Bliss: This romantic bathing experience for a couple incorporates a drawn bath, set in a sunken marble bathtub, replete with candles and champagne. Price $261. (Includes a bottle of Moet & Chandon Brut), $138 (Includes a sparkling wine). $44 without alcohol. Price includes taxes.
- Champagne on the Beach Guests can start the day with a romantic champagne breakfast on the beach in the morning sunlight or end a special day with bubbles and canapés against a sunset backdrop over Turtle Bay. Price starts at $100 for a couple. Price includes taxes.
- Private Dinner at The Pier – Loved ones can be charmed with an exclusive dining experience on The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh’s private pier. Secluded under a wooden canopy floating upon the Red Sea’s gentle waters, guests can savour delicacies chosen from international menus, or designed in collaboration with Oberoi master chefs, to suit the occasion. The experience includes two glasses of sparkling local wine or two non-alcoholic cocktails and two bouquets of flowers. Duration two hours; Price $283 for a couple. Price includes taxes.
- Renewal of Vows Ceremony– Visitors can reaffirm their love on the Red Sea shore through this special ceremony, featuring a number of components from the initial big day. Components include a private breakfast with bubbly and a couple’s massage, a bridal bouquet, hair and makeup, a champagne ceremony, commemorative photographs, a ‘wedding’ cake and a romantic dinner for two on the private pier. Raise a toast to life’s love at The Oberoi Beach Resort, Sahl Hasheesh. Duration full day. Price available by request.