Saudi Commission for Tourism bestows awards at Travel and Tourism Investment Market
HRH Prince Sultan Bin Salman, President of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), congratulated the winners as he handed out Saudi Excellence in Tourism Awards (SETA) trophies.
HRH Prince Sultan Bin Salman, President of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), congratulated the winners as he handed out Saudi Excellence in Tourism Awards (SETA) trophies. HRH hoped that the prize would give them a fresh impetus for developments and achievements in the kingdom’s tourism sector stating: “SCTA will always support the tourism industry with all possible means.”
The winners were announced last week in a ceremony held as part of the Saudi Travel and Tourism Investment Market (STTIM) in Riyadh by SCTA. With 25 categories across 8 different groups of activities, the Saudi Excellence in Tourism Awards aims at recognizing outstanding achievements by individuals and organizations involved in the kingdom’s growing tourism industry. In an effort to achieve the highest possible standards of products and services and to further develop tourism for the benefit of holiday makers in Saudi Arabia:
– The President’s award went to HRH Prince Mansour Bin Miteb Bin Abdul Aziz, Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs, for his significant contribution to the development of tourism in the Kingdom.
– The Old Council Souk in Al-Mozanab in Al-Qassim won SETA’s Best Tourism Attraction award for giving the visitors an authentic Saudi heritage experience. The Old Council Souk attracts thousands of tourists each year and is an example to other organizations of the benefits of quality tourism projects.
– Khalid Al-Toug won the Best Tourist Guide award.
– Al-Khobar Heritage Village won SETA’s Best Traditional Food and Catering award. The village provides visitors with an insight into Saudi culture and heritage. During 2010, Al-Khobar Heritage Village obtained ISO international quality certification.
– Hesham Mohammed won Best Customer Service award.
– Jawlah Tours Company was the winner of SETA’s Best Tour Operator, which offers an extensive range of historical and geographical heritage tours to tourists.
– Al-Faisaliah Hotel won the award of the Best Luxury Hotel, where as Al-Faisaliah Shopping Mall won Best Shopping Experience, and The Globe got the award as Best Fine Dining Restaurant.
– Steak House and Herfy won Best Mid-market Restaurant.
– Makkah-based Mobarrat Shohada, managed by AKMC and Avail Grand Hotel & Suite, shared SETA’s Best Domestic Hotel award.
– Park Inn Hotel won Best Mid Market hotel.
– Abdul Mohsin Al-Hokair Group won the Special Recognition award.
At the end of the ceremony, HRH Prince Sultan stated that the true winner of the night is “Saudi tourism.”
For more information of the awards, please visit: www.sauditourismawards.com .