Lima – Peru’s Foreign Trade and Tourism Ministry is considering to extend the campaign “Cusco Pone” until April given the successful results registered since it was launched last week, to encourage more Peruvians to travel to this city.
The campaign which began on February 11 and was supposed to end by the end of March, has surpassed the expectations, said minister of Foreign Trade and Tourism, Martin Perez.
He said Lan wants to continue offering the $49 roundtrip tickets to Cusco even after March, and some hotels will continue supporting the campaign.
“We will coordinate with all of them to see who are willing to extend the offers of this campaign, which will benefit us all”, he said.
The Ministry will discuss with the train operators whether they can join the campaign once Machu Picchu is reopened on April 1st.