HONG KONG – Continuing its reputation as a leading hotel group worldwide, 20 Sofitel Luxury Hotels were included in this year’s Condé Nast Traveler’s (CNT) Readers’ Choice Awards, an increase from the previous year’s list which included 14. The increase in properties recognized by travelers is a testament to the success of Sofitel’s recent brand repositioning.
Sofitel Forebase Chongqing received the hotel group’s highest ranking earning a spot in the Top 100 list. Additional properties recognize by readers included:
• Africa: Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah; Sofitel Fès Palais Jamaï, Fez
• Asia: Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, Siem Reap, Cambodia; Sofitel Wanda Beijing; Sofitel Shanghai Hyland; Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi; Sofitel Xi’an on Renmin Square
• Canada: Sofitel Montréal Golden Mile
• Europe: Sofitel Munich Bayerpost; Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge; Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese; Sofitel London St James; Sofitel London Heathrow
• Oceania: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth; Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa
• South America: Sofitel Cartagena Santa Clara; Sofitel Buenos Aires
• United States: Sofitel Chicago Water Tower; Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
“Sofitel Luxury Hotels is honored to receive such high marks in this annual list, particularly because the lists are determined by travelers,” said Robert Gaymer-Jones, CEO Sofitel Luxury Hotels. “With 20 worldwide properties included it is evident that our repositioning has been successful and that we have created a seamless, consistent collection of luxury hotels.”
The repositioning, announced in 2007, has elevated the brand into the premium end of the international luxury hotel market. The basis of the new vision was built on the hotel group’s existing values and by differentiating itself in the luxury market. Since the rebranding, Sofitel has significantly scaled back its portfolio to create a network of properties from over 200 down to 120 properties.