InterContinental Hayman Island Resort announces key new appointments
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort has strengthened its commitment to talent development and innovation, announcing an ambitious team to guide the resort into a new era of luxury from July 1, 2019. From complete culinary reimagination to immersive spa experiences, nine new hires will drive the resort’s commitment to delivering guests a world-class experience at Australia’s most iconic private island resort.
These new hires join a family of more than 375,000 colleagues in over 100 countries, working in IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally to deliver true hospitality.
Under the expert guidance of IHG, the hospitality team at InterContinental Hayman Island Resort has seen a plethora of new and exciting hires who will lead the charge:
• Adam Leonard has been appointed Director of Sales for Hayman Island and joins the team from previous roles at Starwood, Fiji Marriott Momi Bay and Sydney Harbour Marriott. Adam’s robust experience in the luxury market made him the perfect candidate to represent Hayman across the globe from Australian shores all the way to LA.
• Gabriella Highman brings her skills to the role of Business Development Manager for MICE Conversion. Driven by a glowing repertoire of successes, Gabriella brings a wealth of global experience from working for luxury brands such as Mr & Mrs Smith and ILTM.
• Erin Williams joins as a Business Development Manager after an illustrious career of over 11 years that has taken her all over Australia. Her recent experience at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs and Terrigal has seen her perfect the art of customer experience.
• Mausumi Barooah has been appointed as Business Development Manager for Wholesale and Leisure. A lover of the fast-paced hospitality industry, Mausumi will open the gateway to new and unforgettable island experiences for our partners, leaning on experience from her time at Oberoi Hotels & Resorts and The Grace Hotel in Sydney.
• Rebecca Murthen joins the team as Events Executive for Weddings & Social. Rebecca returns to Hayman Island where she held a position back in 2016 as a VIP Private Butler, delivering truly immersive experiences to the high-end clientele. Rebecca will combine her prior knowledge and affiliation of the island with the skills she has acquired working for properties such as InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto and Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
A new hire promises to bring a fresh feel to the world-renowned luxury spa at Hayman Island, bringing InterContinental’s unparalleled levels of excellency to the 13-room oasis.
• Amanda Burleigh has been appointed as Spa Manager for InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. Amanda draws on her 20 years of experience to bring the highest level of knowledge and guest experience to her position. Amanda is no stranger to island life with a wealth of experience from previous positions on Heron Island and Daydream Island prior to her most recent position at Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort.
CLIMBING TO NEW CULINARY HEIGHTS
The appointment of three culinary pedigrees will be the guiding force behind the five distinct dining destinations and bar offerings on InterContinental Hayman Island Resort.
• Joshua Dows joins the team as Director of Restaurants and Bars, leading the charge on culinary direction and conceptualisation. Dows earned his stripes on board luxury cruise ships, catering to the many and varied needs and desires of 3,000 passengers.
• Erwin Joven has been appointed as Director of Kitchens. Joven has extensive experience working as an Executive Chef in luxury remote locations such as recent positions held at Amanpulo in the Philippines, Vomo Island Resort Fiji and Peter Island Resort and Spa in the British Virgin Islands.
• Anthony Kramer joins the team as Executive Sous Chef, having returned to Australia after a decade working in a high-end resort in Vietnam. Kramer brings a wealth of originality and experience working on Lord Howe Island, the Maldives and other remote island locations across the globe.
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will embark on a new era of luxury from July 1, 2019.