Powerful earthquake rocks Papua-New Guinea, no tsunami warning issued so far
Powerful magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck about 20 miles to the northwest of Bulolo, Papua-New Guinea on Monday.
Bulolo is located on the eastern end of the island.
There have been no reports of deaths, injuries or damage or injury so far.
According to the Tsunami Center, no tsunami warning is expected, since the epicenter of the earthquake was 78 miles deep.
Date-Time • 6 May 2019 21:19:36 UTC
• 7 May 2019 07:19:36 near epicenter
Location 6.977S 146.440E
Depth 126 km
Distances • 33.4 km (20.7 mi) NW of Bulolo, Papua New Guinea
• 50.3 km (31.2 mi) NW of Wau, Papua New Guinea
• 66.5 km (41.2 mi) WSW of Lae, Papua New Guinea
• 152.7 km (94.7 mi) SE of Goroka, Papua New Guinea
• 207.1 km (128.4 mi) SSE of Madang, Papua New Guinea
Location Uncertainty Horizontal: 7.5 km; Vertical 5.3 km
Parameters Nph = 118; Dmin = 279.7 km; Rmss = 0.94 seconds; Gp = 19°