Green Globe Certification today announced Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa as the winner of the Green Globe Highest Achievement Award: Asia 2011.
Green Globe Certification CEO Guido Bauer said: “Each year in our key destinations around the world, we review our certified members and present the Highest Achievement Award to the business that has attained the highest score against our 320 sustainability indicators and additionally has a unique commitment to its destination.
“In Asia, Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa achieved 76% of the sustainability indicators for hotels & resorts, which is remarkable in their first year of certification. Their commitment to conservation of the Seminyak coastline is also outstanding.”
Ivan Casadevall, General Manager for Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa said: “On behalf of Anantara Seminyak’s management and associates, I am delighted that our efforts have benefitted the local environment and community in so many diverse ways. Our ecological, social, and cultural efforts to date span local, national, and international projects, and these recent activities illustrate that our commitment is greatly benefitting the people and environment on our doorstep.
“Green Globe Certification is the travel and tourism industries’ worldwide hallmark for sustainability, and recognition such as the ‘Highest Achievement Award for Asia 2011’ highlights Anantara Seminyak’s sincere commitment to operating in an environmentally, socially, and culturally responsible manner through a broad spectrum of initiatives, which make my team and I even more proud of this important achievement.
“Lastly, I would like to state that even as we celebrate this achievement, we are fully aware that there are even more opportunities to improve our sustainable efforts in an ever-changing global climate. This award gives us more motivation to remain truly committed to a future of caring for our environment and ensuring our international guests enjoy such peace of mind when staying with us.”
Anantara Seminyak has a long list of achievements and its Green Team is to be congratulated. Here are just some of the many activities that make the resort the winner of the Green Globe Highest Achievement Award: Asia 2011:
• A regular program organized by the human resources department for staff to donate blood to the National Indonesia Red Cross.
• Donation of IDR 6.5 million to Seminyak community to support their temple’s renovation.
• A regular program is conducted to help needy families to renovate their houses. The resort provides the families’ basic needs (rice, noodles, and clothes) as well as kitchen equipment. Approximately 25 team members actively participate in this program. This contribution is IDR 15.000.000.
• The resort has contributed IDR 2,500,000 to the local turtle conservation program. Staff and guests were involved in releasing 50 turtles from the hatchling recovery program. Turtle nesting is also monitored, and in August this year, 107 baby turtles hatched along the beach in front of the resort.
• The resort has planted 33 pieces of rare local trees in the Seminyak Conservation Area together with the local community. Approximately 20 team members, representing all departments, as well as the Anantara Green Team, were involved, with the resort contributing IDR 3,000,000 to the project.
• Active sourcing of local products, which meet quality standards, e.g., consume products from Muntigunung, which is made by local villagers.
• Fish consumed in accordance with Indonesian seafood guide, consistent with the WWF sustainable seafood guide.
• Replace plastic bottles of mineral water with the glass bottles.
• All garbage plastic bags are replaced with washable bags.
• All laundry bags are replaced with washable bags
• Display mini-bar items, such as rosella and cashew nuts, produced by villages in Muntigunung, eastern Bali.
• Work closely with Seminyak Waste Management for waste recycling, reusing, and composting.
• Daily and monthly monitoring of electricity, gas, and water usage.
• Installation of Cascade Aerators for all suites’ and kitchen taps to reduce water consumption.
• Installation of a timer system for all corridor lighting and garden lighting.
• Use of T5 lighting instead of Fluorescent/Conventional light
ABOUT ANANTARA SEMINYAK RESORT & SPA
Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa offers a distinctly contemporary design approach blended with Balinese and Indonesian culture, ocean views, expansive balconies, and Anantara’s inimitable Jacuzzi terrazzo bathtubs big enough for two. The all-suite resort amenities range from the glorious rooftop lounge, SOS Supper Club, and rooftop Anantara Spa to one infinity-edge swimming pool staring out upon the Indian Ocean.
Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa matches its elegant approach to travel with one of the most upmarket locations in Indonesia, containing chic restaurants and cafes, trendy nightlife, and internationally-renowned shopping opportunities. With nearby historical charms and the Bali hotel’s fastidious approach to both design and facilities, Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa provides an unforgettable accommodation experience.
Contact: Dewi Karmawan, Marketing Communication Manager, Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali, Jl. Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura) Seminyak – Bali, Indonesia, Phone: + 62 361 737773, Fax: + 62 361 737772, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Web: www.anantara.com
ABOUT GREEN GLOBE CERTIFICATION
Green Globe Certification is the worldwide sustainability system based on internationally-accepted criteria for sustainable operation and management of travel and tourism businesses. Operating under a worldwide license, Green Globe Certification is based in California, USA, and is represented in over 83 countries. Green Globe is the only certification brand to be an affiliate member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), an agency of the United Nations, and is partly owned by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
For information visit www.greenglobe.com .
Watch Green Globe videos at www.youtube.com/user/greenglobecert