Yesterday, he was a star of the media in Hawaii. Today, he is no longer returning phone calls from eTN. Aqua hotel CEO is quiet so far, knowing Marriott is taking back the EDITION hotel today.
After an overnight raid last Sunday seizing control of the Waikiki EDITION from Marriott International, the owners of the hotel were ordered by New York State Supreme Court justice Eileen Bransten to return the hotel to Marriott’s control as of 8:30 pm today, eastern time, which is 2:30 pm Honolulu time.
ETN reported the unusual takeover by Aqua resort yesterday.
Arne Sorenson, Marriott International’s president and chief operating officer, said: “The past few days have been trying, frustrating, and confusing for our guests and employees. We’re glad the judge returned the Waikiki EDITION to our hands. We are in the process of resuming operations, quickly returning the hotel and its service to EDITION standards.
“We take great pride in providing the gracious, sophisticated, and personalized service that has won EDITION accolades from media and guests as a dramatic and dynamic new brand, and we look forward to serving our guests again very soon.”
Ed Ryan, Marriott International executive vice president and general counsel, said, “We took swift legal action following this event and are gratified that a New York court ordered operational control and management of the Waikiki EDITION returned to us pursuant to our contract.”
Marriott was represented before the New York court by the firm of Jenner & Block, with the owner represented by Bickel & Brewer.
Reservations for the Waikiki EDITION can be made through Marriott.com and Marriott voice reservations, as well as through numerous online and other travel providers.