The World Youth and Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) is pleased to announce its list of confirmed speakers for its annual showcase event in Barcelona, Spain from September 20-23, 2011.
Just some of the speakers and presentations during the 4-day event – which brings together over 700 delegates and 400 organizations from the international youth travel industry – include:
– Taleb Rifai, Secretary-General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization. Mr. Rifai will officially open the conference.
– David Rowan, Editor of Wired Magazine (UK) – Keynote Address.
– Helena Egan, TripAdvisor – Trends in Online Travel.
– Peter Jordan, UNWTO – Global Tourism Figures/Global Travel Trends.
– Rick Ruth, US State Department – Working with Visa Policies: USA.
– Madeline Townsend, Conservation Volunteers – Volunteers: Feeling Good, Doing Good, or Both?
– Greg Richards, Tourism Research and Marketing – Super Session: The Youth Travel Outlook for 2012.
– Jim Collison, Michigan State University – Social Media Strategies that are Driving Business.
– Rene van Schie, Ministry of Economic Affairs, City of Amsterdam – Using Data to Grow Your Accommodation Business.
These and many more industry experts will be on hand to share their knowledge throughout the conference.
The youth and student travel market accounted for 20 percent of international arrivals in 2010, generating receipts of US$165 billion. Much of this money remains with locally-owned businesses and communities contributing to poverty alleviation and sustainable economic development.
For more information and to register, please see www.wystc.org.