Instagrammers dream: Most Instagram-worthy US travel destinations named
Seasoned travel experts partnered with some of the world’s top travel influencers to produce the compelling list of top Instagram-worthy travel destinations for 2019. This list of most photogenic destinations captures some of nature’s most beautiful spots, along with a few manmade show stoppers.
1. Bixby Bridge, Big Sur, California: Arguably the most classic road trip of all time, nothing says California more than shots of the Bixby Bridge on Highway 1 against the spectacular coastline. After a 14 months closure due to massive mudslides, Highway 1 reopened this past spring giving travelers the opportunity to re-add the destination to their bucket lists.
2. Rowena Crest, Oregon: “Rowena Crest is the kind of location that Instagram dreams are made of, especially when you visit this gem at golden hour,” offers Nicola Easterby of Polkadot Passport. “Once you’ve got a photo in front of the very-Instagrammable bend road at the Rowena Crest Viewpoint, cross over the road, and you’ll find the most beautiful meadows with amazing views over the Columbia River Gorge. In springtime, the meadows are brimming with wildflowers. It is the kind of place where it’s almost impossible to take a bad photo.”
3. Antelope Canyon, Arizona: Providing an almost otherworldly backdrop of surreal colors and shapes, this world-famous slot canyon is an Instagrammers dream. A level canyon floor also makes it easy to access.
4. Venice Beach Boardwalk, Venice, California: Another classic California destination, the world famous boardwalk stretches roughly 1.5 miles and is flanked by the beautiful Southern California coastline. Instagram-worthy painted walls and street performers abound.
5. Monument Valley, Utah: “Driving through Monument Valley makes you feel as though you’ve just traveled back in time. It combines old country western feels with road trip vibes, and offers some of the most perfectly framed photo ops that are totally ‘Instaworthy.’ It was one of the top spots to visit on my JUCY road trip and did not disappoint!” noted Katie Purling of My Colourful World.
6. Yosemite National Park, California: No list would be complete without including one of world’s most stunning spectacles of nature. Yosemite’s scenic assets include numerous points, falls and rivers. Which begs the question – if Ansel Adams were alive today, would he be posting on Instagram?
7. Horseshoe Bend, Arizona: “Horseshoe Bend is an absolutely magical destination. The curvature of the Colorado River forms a nearly perfect horseshoe shape that is awe-inspiring as the orange rocks perfectly contrast against the blue of the Colorado River,” said Valerie Joy Wilson of Trusted Travel Girl. “Even though it’s one of the most photographed Instagram locations in the U.S., not as many people will wake up for sunrise, so not only is it more beautiful then, but it’s also much more peaceful!”
8. Angel’s Landing, Zion, Utah: Travel back in time to see spectacular canyons formed 270 million years ago. The almost 1,500 foot high rock formation offers stunning views, but the steep climb is not for the faint of heart.
9. Sequoia National Park, California: “I love being close to nature, especially feeling the fresh clean air passing through my lungs and hearing birds sing as a river passes by. Sequoia National Park is a truly special place that is definitely Instagram-worthy,” said Ricardo Baldin of PresetsMadeWithLove.com. “Those huge trees hold an amazing energy and knowledge. At over 3,000 years old, some even pre-date Christ.”
10. Salvation Mountain, Calipatria, California: One of the few manmade spots on our list, Salvation Mountain is one man’s effort to share a message of love. Every square inch of the mountain is decorated with religious scripture and colorful drawings. Fifty feet high and 150 feet wide, it is made of local adobe clay and a half a million gallons of latex paint.