United Reports November 2018 Operational Performance
United Airlines (UAL) today reported November 2018 operational results.
UAL’s November 2018 consolidated traffic (revenue passenger miles) increased 7.1 percent and consolidated capacity (available seat miles) increased 5.5 percent versus November 2017. UAL’s November 2018 consolidated load factor increased 1.2 points compared to November 2017.
- Announced UAL has reached an agreement with Compañía Panameña de Aviación S.A. (Copa), Aerovías del Continente Americano S.A. (Avianca) and many of Avianca’s affiliates, for a joint business agreement, pending government approval.
- Announced that the newest premium seating, United® Premium Plus, would be on sale beginning December 3, for travel on select international flights starting March 30, 2019.
- Took delivery of UAL’s first Boeing 787-10, becoming the first North American airline to take delivery of the 787-10.
- Announced new routes including year-round service between Denver and Frankfurt, Germany and nonstop service between Paine Field/Snohomish County Airport and Denver and San Francisco, all pending government approval, and submitted a formal application to the U.S. Department of Transportation for authority to increase service between New York/Newark Liberty and Shanghai Pudong.
- Announced $150,000 in direct donations to Ventura County Community Foundation and North Valley Community Foundation for their efforts in areas affected by the California wildfires, while launching a Crowdrise by GoFundMe campaign to award up to five million bonus miles for individuals who make donations of $50 or more to support affected communities in California.
- In celebration of Giving Tuesday on November 27, UAL announced that it would match customer donations of MileagePlus miles to the airline’s featured Charity Miles partners up to 6 million miles.
- Announced the addition of nearly 150 additional flights between UAL’s hubs and popular spring break destinations including Arizona, Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, the Caribbean and select ski destinations.