ICTP, the International Council of Tourism Partners, is pleased to announce it has joined the World Youth Student & Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation.
The WYSE Travel Confederation is a not-for-profit membership organization serving the international youth, student, and educational travel industry. Formed through the merger of the Federation of International Youth Travel Organization (FIYTO) and International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC), the confederation represents over 100 years of combined industry insight, integrity, and experience. Click here to visit the WYSE Travel Confederation website.
Its 600+ members across 120+ countries provide international travel and educational experiences to 10+ million young people and students each year. As the world’s most powerful network of youth and student travel professionals, the WYSE Travel Confederation helps make destinations enriching, accessible, and affordable for students and young travelers.
The confederation is committed to understanding the ever-changing characteristics, motivations, and needs of young travelers. By gathering, analyzing, and sharing important market intelligence with members, academics, and government decision-makers, satisfying the unique fast-changing needs of the youth market is at the forefront of its activities.
The WYSE Travel Confederation works with its members, sector associations, tourism authorities, and partners around the globe to provide:
• support for the development and success of student and youth travel specialists and the critical role they play in this unique US$136 billion niche industry;
• networking, trading, and knowledge-sharing platforms;
• market intelligence and research to identify the unique needs and trends of today’s independent travelers and those who serve them;
• world-renowned industry events such as the World Youth & Student Travel Conference (WYSTC), Work Experience Travel Market and IAPA Annual Conference (WETM-IAC) and regional roadshows;
• representation at industry events worldwide;
• best practice guidelines on products and policies;
• specialist industry support;
• government lobbying through the promotion and development of the personal, social, economic, and cultural benefits of youth travel; and
• innovative travel products and services for youth and students, such as the International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
ICTP ChairmanJuergen T. Steinmetz said: “We are pleased to become a member of the WYSE Travel Conferation. The youth are the future of the travel sector, whether they are an active part of the business side of the industry or are simply avid travelers. The world is an open door to education and understanding; never before have there been so many opportunities for young people to learn about the wonderful diversity of the world we live in and to make friends worldwide at an age when impressions are so lasting. It’s important for young people to learn tolerance and understanding and to realize that we are, in fact, much more alike than we are different.”
ICTP is a force for socially responsible and green travel, and supports the UN Millennium Development Goals, the UN World Tourism Organization’s Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, and a range of programs that underpin them. The ICTP alliance is represented in Haleiwa, Hawaii, USA; Victoria, Seychelles; Johannesburg, South Africa; La Reunion; and Zimbabwe. ICTP alliance members will benefit from joint marketing and branding opportunities in primary and secondary markets, which are ideal for small- to medium-sized destinations that may not have the resources for developing and implementing projects independently. Members include countries, regions, and cities.
For more information, go to: www.tourismpartners.org .