The Canadian coastline 117 miles from Port Hardy or 182 miles from Campbell River in British Columbia, Canada is under attack by mother nature. Three powerful earthquake were measured after 6.16 UTC time or 11.16pm Pacific time .
Port Hardy is a small town of little more than 4000 people with a unique tourism slogan. Expect the unexpected from the beginning to the end. Dive into and explore untouched coastal wilderness, small town culture & Hardy traditions.
A 6.8 quake struck just 40 minutes after a magnitude 6.7 quake struck 117 miles off the coast of Port Hardy, a town on the northeast end of Vancouver Island.
The series of quakes are too far from land to cause any damages and did not trigger a tsunami.
The location according to the USGS report
- 241.6 km (149.8 mi) W of Tofino, Canada
- 295.9 km (183.5 mi) WSW of Campbell River, Canada
- 307.9 km (190.9 mi) W of Courtenay, Canada
- 321.0 km (199.0 mi) W of Port Alberni, Canada
- 440.3 km (273.0 mi) W of Victoria, Canada