MICE organizations join forces
In a constantly changing world and competitive landscape, MICE professionals need specialized, credible competencies and resources to help them learn, adapt and evolve to stay ahead of the game. That’s why the leading associations in the industry have joined forces to develop the best MICE workforce in emerging markets outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Tourism has long been seen as a tool for economic development, and more regions and cities around the globe are recognizing the vital part Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) play on economic growth with MICE delegates contributing as much as four times more per visit than a leisure tourist. This knowledge is driving the demand for experienced MICE professionals.
Bringing together the power of International Association of Exhibition and Events (IAEE), Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE), the Global MICE Collaborative provides professional resources on exhibitions, meeting and event planning and incentive travel to foster the development of the MICE profession—and MICE professionals—in these regions.
“The Global MICE Collaborative will be the world’s first comprehensive community for Meeting, Incentive, Convention and Exhibition (MICE) professionals,” commented Paul Van Deventer, president and CEO at MPI. “We are honored to be a part of this collaborative that brings together the power of MPI, IAEE and SITE, providing world-class resources to educate, advance and transform the MICE community globally.”
The Global MICE Collaborative is the only worldwide solution that accelerates MICE workforce development and destination awareness through competency-building, live events, research, consulting and access to a vibrant community of experienced professionals. Here’s how:
• Through professional competencies, the Global MICE Collaborative will deliver unparalleled comprehensive education and certification to develop the workforce and advance the professionalism of the industry.
• Through live events, the Global MICE Collaborative will bring MICE professionals together in experiences that inspire, energize and provide ongoing professional development and business exchanges.
• Through peer-to-peer engagement the Global MICE Collaborative will be the world’s go-to community for MICE professionals, delivering relationship value at every stage of their careers.
• Through destination consulting, the Global MICE Collaborative will provide consultation, market research and trade education that will enable tourism and destination marketing organizations, venue operators, event organizers and destinations to reach the highest level of success.
• Through research and advocacy, the Global MICE Collaborative will bring awareness of the value of the MICE industry and propel the industry forward by delivering data-driven trend reporting and pan-industry initiatives.
Many cities and regions are investing in infrastructure to increase their appeal as a MICE destination. However, they often lack the know-how and human capital to deliver meetings, incentives, events and exhibitions to international standards. By engaging with the Global MICE Collaborative, destinations will benefit through increased awareness and heightened professionalism that will ultimately attract more MICE business.
The Global MICE Collaborative will initially be marketed to destination marketing organizations and individuals outside the US and Canada, as a “go-to” resource for MICE.
To learn more about the Global MICE Collaborative, click here.