International Council of Tourism Partners (ICTP) Chairman Juergen Thomas Steinmetz congratulated Dr. Pascal Viroleau of La Reunion Tourism and welcomed this French territory as ICTP’s latest founding member.
La Reunion is located in the Indian Ocean. This island offers ethnic diversity, the Indian Ocean, Creole culture, beaches, sunshine, and all the charms of the tropics. More information about La Reunion may be found at www.reunion.fr .
The ICTP alliance is represented in Haleiwa, Hawaii, USA; Brussels, Belgium; and Victoria, Seychelles.
ICTP alliance members will benefit from joint marketing and branding opportunities in primary and secondary markets, which are ideal for small- to medium-sized destinations that may not have the resources for developing and implementing projects independently. Members include countries, regions, and cities.
The ICTP Destination Alliance is:
• Ideal for small- to medium-sized destinations.
• A joint marketing effort. When one destination is unable to do it alone (i.e., provide representation at trade shows, organize/present electronic and virtual conferences, implement public relations, social media, publicity, advertising and sales promotions campaigns, the synergy of the alliance will enable even the smallest destination to have representation.
• Able to provide cooperative media outreach through the use of social/electronic media conferences in primary and secondary markets.
• Committed to strategic alliances for public–private partnership development.
• Enthusiastic about the opportunities available through shared market research projects.
• Assertively developing a domestic/international Smart Card reward system for trade professionals and leisure travelers.
ICTP members will actively support national green growth strategies for carbon targets and sustainable travel and tourism through online support from greenearth.travel. Marketing assistance will be available through a world-class team of marketing and business development professionals.
The formal announcement of the global launch of the alliance will be held at the World Travel Market in London, November 2011.
For more information, go to: www.tourismpartners.org .