World Travel Awards recognizes Cozumel for its beauty and tourist attractions
Cozumel, largest Mexican Caribbean island, recognized by World Travel Awards as Best Island Destination in Mexico and Central America 2018.
Cozumel, the largest island in the Mexican Caribbean, was recognized in the 25th edition of the World Travel Awards 2018 as the “Best Island Destination in Mexico and Central America 2018” thanks to the island’s commitment to high satisfaction with its visitors.
For 25 years, the World Travel Awards has rewarded the best in the international tourism industry, including destinations, hotels, tour operators, parks, airlines, car rental companies and cruises. The winners are chosen by industry professionals, who evaluate the nominees for their infrastructure, quality of services, innovation in experiences and number of visitors.
Cozumel, known as ‘The Island of the Swallows’ for its landscape and wildlife, is an authentic paradise with white-sand beaches and beautiful sunsets. It is world-famous for having the second-largest barrier reef in the world, which is ideal for snorkeling and diving. In addition to hosting important sporting events, Cozumel has been the main cruise port in the world since 2017, offering enriching Mayan culture and exquisite cuisine.
Recently, Explora Caribe Tours de Cozumel was also awarded “Principal Tour Operator of Mexico and Central America 2018.” Río Secreto, located in Riviera Maya, won “Best Natural Reserve leader of Mexico and Central America 2018” for the tenth consecutive year.
The world-famous destinations of the state of Quintana Roo were nominated by the World Travel Awards in several categories:
• Cancun International Airport – “Most Important Airport in Mexico and Central America 2018”
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
• Puerto de Cozumel – “Best Cruise Port of Mexico and Central America 2018”
• Tulum and Riviera Maya – “Best Beach Destination in Mexico and Central America 2018”
• Cancun – “First Business Trip Destination of Mexico and Central America 2018”
• Cancun – “Leading Destination of Mexico and Central America 2018”
• Cancun and Playa del Carmen – “Best Rest City of Mexico and Central America 2018”
• Isla Holbox and Isla Mujeres – “Best Destination of the Island of Mexico and Central America 2018”
• Hard Rock Hotel Cancun and Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya; Hyatt Zilara and Ziva Cancun and Occidental Cozumel – “Best All-Inclusive Resort in Mexico and Central America 2018”
The award ceremony, held on September 15, was hosted by El Palacio de Cristal in Guayaquil, Ecuador.