Supporting the mission of India’s Honorable Prime Minister to eliminate unemployment of youth, Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BCIHMCT) in New Delhi in collaboration with the Sattvik India Council has mapped a certification course, promoting the cause of Vegetarian Food Quality Management through process monitoring in the industrial kitchens and food catering ventures.
The Sattvik Kaushal Vikas Mission (SKVM) was initiated at BCIHMCT where several dignitaries and students from current batches of the institute were present to attend the ceremonious event.
The Sattvik India Council (a trust registered in India under Trust Act 1882 in 2017), the certifying entity, underwent a four-year long process to foster the spirit of kindness, compassion, and coordination in terms of emotional response towards the awareness about pure vegetarian food and other commodities.
The soft launch of SKVM commenced with a panel discussion on August 18, 2018, at BCIHMCT Auditorium, including panelists:
1. Mr. Abhishek Biswas, Founder, Sattvik India Council
2. Dr. Bhupesh Kumar, Director, BCIHMCT
3. Chef Devender Kumar, President, Indian Culinary Forum
4. Chef Vivek Saggar, Head – Competitions & Business Development, Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council
5. Mr. Navratan, Govt. Council, Supreme Court of India
6. Pankaj Navani, Director, Binsar Farms
7. Varsha Shrivastava, Director (Research), Sattvik India Council
8. Mr. Chetan Kumeria, MD, Excel Logistics Limited, Startup India Venture
The panel discussion concluded by marking the “New start for India,” keeping in view the revival of age-old food habits and tradition, in pace and synchronization with the rapidly-changing global environment.
Several countries are eager to enroll for certifications with such well-known organizations.