New Pearl Harbor tours launched
Two new immersive experiences have been launched and are currently available at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center.
Pacific Historic Parks and the National Park Service have partnered to bring an important chapter of American history more to life. Two new immersive experiences have been launched and are currently available at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center that is open daily from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Visitors will now be able to engage with history through the new USS Arizona Memorial Deluxe Tour and visiting the new Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Center.
USS Arizona Memorial Deluxe Tour
Visitors who purchase the USS Arizona Memorial Deluxe Tour receive the use of a smart phone and headset upon check-in. The USS Arizona Memorial Deluxe Tour incorporates the best of three very distinct Pearl Harbor tour experiences:
1. Guided tour narrated by actress Jamie Lee Curtis through the Visitor Center’s two world-class museums, aboard the Memorial and throughout the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center.
2. Exclusive access via smart phone to the National Park Service’s WWII archives and videos on the attack at Pearl Harbor.
3. Admission to the National Park Service’s new Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Center to view three new Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Tours.
Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Center
The National Park Service has also launched a Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Center located in the courtyard of the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center. Visitors are able to use a high-quality virtual reality viewer to experience the three Pearl Harbor Virtual Reality Tours in a controlled environment. These three incredible tours include:
1. Exploring the Deck of the Arizona Battleship before the Attack. Imagine being able to walk the deck of the USS Arizona before Dec. 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy. This incredible, historically accurate virtual reality experience transports visitors onto the deck of the USS Arizona while it was at sea. They can also visit the crow’s nest at the very top of the USS Arizona and view the entire Battleship, meet some of the sailors that were part of her final crew, and tour one of the most powerful battleships of that era.
2. Witness the December 7, 1941 Attack on Battleship Row, where the eight American battleships were moored that fateful Sunday morning. You will be able to see firsthand Battleship Row in detail, witness history in four key stages of the attack, and learn about the Japanese bombing that sank some of the most powerful battleships in the U.S. fleet.
3. Experience the USS Arizona Memorial. This experience is perfect for visitors who want to spend more time on the Memorial or are unable to visit. Take your own private virtual tour at your own pace and visit each solemn room at the Memorial, including areas off limits to the public. Viewable at 360 degrees, this virtual journey offers a photo realistic visit to the Memorial. You can even visit the rooftop of the Memorial and view historic Pearl Harbor Bay. This VR Tour also offers an up-close look at the 1,177 names listed on the shrine wall.