Hong Kong – In a real “hole-in-one” for golf fans, Crystal Cruises is adding a golf theme to its 12/21-1/4 Hawaiian holiday sailing. The round-trip-LA Crystal Symphony voyage joins two other golf-themed cruises already scheduled on Crystal Serenity in 2011: 7/22-8/2 in Britain and 11/27-12/8 in Portugal/Spain. Legendary pro golfer Billy Casper will headline all three.
With 51 PGA tour wins, many consider Casper the best putter of his era. On each cruise, guests can absorb stories and tips during informal lectures by Casper and other athletic stars, such as Emmy-winning sportscaster Jim Huber. They can also mingle and play with the PGA pros at some of the most stunning championship courses in the world, including:
• Poipu Bay (Kauai)–top Hawaiian course surrounded by ancient places of worship
• Royal Portrush (Belfast)–designed by course-architect great, Harry Colt
• Carden Park (Liverpool)–Jack Nicklaus/Golden Bear “thinking golfer’s” fairway with spectacular views
• Royal Dublin (Dublin)–Ireland’s second-oldest links
• El Saler (Valencia)–one of Golf Magazine’s “100 Greatest Courses in the World”
• Golf Club Del Sur (Canary Islands)–home to several PGA European tour competitions, surrounded by 8,000 palm trees
• Palheiro (Funchal)–coastal ridge greens on a 200-year-old estate.
Crystal provides transportation, caddies, warm-up time, lunch, ‘19th hole’ get-togethers, TaylorMade club rentals or cleaning of your clubs and shoes, team-pairing, parties, awards, and private clinics with PGA instructors like John Clark and Bill Stutzer.
“We make it all easy,” says John Stoll, vice president land and port operations. “We sail everyone to paradise in luxury, where golf enthusiasts can pursue their passion at world-class locales, while loved ones see the sites or indulge their own vacation desires.”
Crystal Cruises’ Feng Shui spa and gym, personal trainers, nutrition and exercise classes, exclusive workout equipment, and dietary choices offer guests extensive opportunities to enhance their health and fitness regimes on every sailing.