Alain St.Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, was presented with the award for the Best Supportive National Tourist Office, and Eric Renard from Creole Travel Services in Seychelles took the award for Best Destination Management Company.
The Seychelles delegation in Dubai was overjoyed this week in receiving a double award from Emirates Holidays for the Best National Tourist Office and also for the Best Destination Management Company for the Middle East, Africa, and the Indian Ocean.
Mr. Frederic M. Bardin, the Senior Vice President of Emirates Holidays, was personally on stage to present the awards at a packed banquet room where some 700 industry players and press had gathered for this annual award-giving ceremony. The emcee for the evening had announced that the much-awaited moment had arrived, when industry players were recognized for their work and professionalism.
The name Seychelles resounded twice accross the packed banquet room when Alain St.Ange and Eric Renard were called on stage to receive their award. “It was a proud moment for Seychelles. Our efforts are paying off, our hard work is being recognized, and our sincerity as serious partners is today so evident,” said Alain St.Ange after receiving the award.
The Seychelles official delegation to Dubai for the annual Arabian Travel Market (ATM) Tourism Travel Trade Fair is comprised of Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Tourism Board; Elsia Grandcourt, Deputy CEO; Amia Jovanovic-Desir, the Board’s Senior Marketing Executive; and Julie Muirhead, the Board’s Manager for the Middle East who was accompanied by her Dubai-based team.
The committed private sector made up of hotels and resorts and destination management companies, who also traveled to Dubai, are:
– Johnette Labiche, Area Director for Sales & Marketing of Berjaya Hotels & Resorts Seychelles
– Amanda Lang & Sarah Jensen, Sales & Marketing Managers of Desroches Island Seychelles
– Amanda Zirgulis, Sales, Marketing & Reservation Manager of Dhevatara Beach Hotel of Praslin, Seychelles
– Sanjay Nair, Cluster Director of Sales for Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa/Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
– Bernadette Fabien, Assistant Marketing Manager for the 7 Degrees South, a Destination Management Company (local handling & representation agent)
– Jessica Giroux, Sales Manager for Mason’s Travel a Seychelles Destination Management Company (local handling & representation agent)
Eric Renard from the Creole Travel Services also traveled to Dubai for the Emirates brochure launch.