TORONTO, – Many around the world will soon be turning green for a day – Leprechaun green that is! Saluting St. Patty’s Day around the globe, people everywhere are finding that they need little reason to take pleasure in shamrocks, shenanigans, and good old fashioned drinking this March 17.
To celebrate, TripAtlas.com would like to make a toast to the day that makes everyone stand up and yell “Sláinte,” by highlighting some of the best places from around the world to party like an Irishman, n’have a wee pint this St. Patty’s Day.
1. Dublin, Ireland – If you’re lucky enough to be in Ireland this St.
Patrick’s Day, head on down to the St. Patty’s homeland – Dublin and the
Temple Bar district.
2. Buenos Aires, Argentina – Home to the world’s 5th largest Irish
population, Buenos Aires will host an all-night, 10-block St. Patty’s Day
3. Toronto, Ontario – Grab a pint at Dora Keogh Irish Pub, watch the CN
Tower glow green or observe one of the largest St. Patty’s Day parades in
4. New York, New York – Set to host the 1.5-mile, five-hour long, 250th
Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
5. Montserrat(Caribbean) – Dubbed the “Emerald Island of the Caribbean,” this tiny Caribbean hotspot will host an impressive weeklong (March 12 – 19, 2011) St. Patty’s Day celebration.
6. Montreal, Quebec – Held since 1824, Montreal is birthplace to the longest
running St. Patty’s Day parade in Canada.
7. Chicago, Illinois – Showing off their Irish spirit with a green-dyed
Chicago River, Chicago is also home to several St. Patty’s Day parades and
Irish Parade Family Fest.
8. Munich, Germany – The only German city holding a St. Patrick’s Day
parade, this two-kilometre parade is an open-air party with live music and
9. Sydney, Australia – Along with the theme ‘Book of Kells,’ this year’s
Sydney’s St Patrick’s Day celebrations include a parade and family day fun.
10. Tokyo, Japan – On March 13 Omote-sando, Harajuku will be home to the
19th St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Tokyo; the biggest Irish event in Japan,
which began in 1992.