LIBERTYVILLE, IL – Among the new packages in TourCrafters’ 2011 brochure are five two-night packages to the most popular destinations in Spain’s most popular region. All five include two nights’ accommodation in a 3- or 4-star hotel, daily buffet breakfast, service charges and taxes, and an invitation to and discount at Spain’s top department store, El Corte Ingles, where a complimentary glass of wine and tapas will be served.
• The GRANADA package costs US$103 and includes the Best Western Dauro II Hotel and a “bath in history” — a session in a 500-year-old hammam, which is still functioning in perfect condition. Among Granada’s attractions are its awesome scenery; Gypsy caves; and that stunning Moorish palace, the Alhambra.
• The CORDOBA package costs US$125 and includes the 3-star NH Calita Hotel, as well as the chance to see the Great Mosque, which encloses a cathedral and the Old Quarter with its flowering white-washed streets.
• The SEVILLA package costs US$130 and includes the modern NH Plaza de Armas Hotel in this colorful city of bullfights, flamenco, and black lace mantillas – the setting for favorite operas and amazing architecture.
• The JEREZ package includes the Tierras de Jerez Hotel, a perfect base for wine lovers who want to visit the many nearby sherry bodegas. Not to be missed are the dancing horses at the Royal School of Equestrian Art.
• The MALAGA package includes the 4-star NH Malaga Hotel in this historic port city that is now the “capital” of the sun-splashed Costa del Sol and its beach resorts.
All five cities — which are close together by car or train — can be combined. Other hotels are available, as well as prices for single and triple rooms. Prices shown are per person, double occupancy, and are subject to availability. For information about these and other packages in Spain, go to www.tourcrafters.com , click “Brochures” and then “Preview 2011.” For reservations, see your travel agent or call 800-482-5995.