BANGKOK, Thailand – His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn Mahidol, together with Her Royal Highness Princess Srirasm, graciously presided over the opening of “THAI’s 50th Anniversary, A Journey of Silk” Exhibition at Fashion Hall, Siam Paragon. Among the distinguished guests who attended this exhibition were Mr. Sophon Zarum, Minister of Transport, Mr. Korn Chatikavanij, Minister of Finance, and Mr. Ampon Kittiampon, Thai Airways (THAI) Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Mr. Piyasvasti Amranand, THAI President, said that THAI is pleased to organize “THAI’s 50th Anniversary, A Journey of Silk” Exhibition in order to commemorate its 50th Anniversary of establishment. The exhibition showcases THAI history from the past to present and employs the use of aviation technology. A Cyber Cube Room, based on the theme, “Beyond the Horizon,” has been created for this event and incorporates aspects of new aviation technology with the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing, on display. For five decades, THAI has connected people across the globe, and visitors can see key historical images showcasing the evolution of flight and the many facets of the airline.
The exhibition features the following:
1. Tunnel Through Time – a collection of past and present photos from THAI’s history.
2. Display of aircraft models of various types, aircraft maintenance, THAI’s commercial mail and cargo services, THAI’s Ground Support Equipment Services, and THAI’s international and domestic routes.
3. Development of THAI’s Corporate Catering Department for in-flight meals, development of THAI’s Royal Orchid Spa and Ground Customer Services Department at Suvarnabhumi Airport, and development of THAI’s logo and a timeless collection of THAI’s theme music with free download available.
4. Development – THAI’s cabin crew uniform through the decades.
5. Royal Zone features His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn as a pilot and other members of the Royal Family’s infinite kindness to THAI, such as presiding over various THAI ceremonies.
6. Flight Trainer Simulation features pilot-training system, practice of navigation, autoflight, and flight management systems using Microsoft Flight Simulator Program.
7. Cyber Cube Room (Beyond the Horizon) features THAI’s continuation of more than 50 years of determined vision, as well as efforts towards carbon emission reductions.
Major aircraft manufacturers, Airbus and Boeing, set up display rooms for viewing aircraft types and fleet programs. Airbus contributed with a video presentation marking the long-standing business relationship between THAI and Airbus, from the past to the present, along with the new aircraft type A380 – the flagship of the 21st century – as the most advanced, spacious, and efficient airliner produced. Boeing featured its Boeing 747-800 aircraft as the world’s most efficient airplan that is technologically advanced, environmentally progressive, and an ideal market fit, with a Dreamliner-inspired interior architecture.
“THAI’s 50th Anniversary, A Journey of Silk” Exhibition will be on display from September 22-30, 2010 between the hours of 1100-2000 hours at Fashion Hall, Siam Paragon Department Store. Visitors are cordially invited to attend the exhibition free of charge. THAI has invited students from Setsatian School for the Deaf to visit the exhibition.