When tourists have to go… to the toilet: Flushing out the best
Let’s talk toilets. The 2018 International Toilet Tourism Awards want to flush out the best. Yes, there really are awards for that.
After many years analyzing tourism trends, the awards at MyTravelresearch.com aim to show tourism destinations that have clean, creative, quirky public toilets go a long way to boosting a destination’s image and generating tourism dollars. Think about it: People stop to go, then end up spending while they are there.
As a reader, you can nominate your favorite toilet that you use as a tourist.
It could be at a local attraction, national park, theme park, restaurant, a shopping mall, at an airport, or in the public area of a hotel – anywhere frequented by tourists (at the end of the day we’re all tourists).
Toilets can be nominated in the following categories:
– Best Location: Where the toilets have views and maybe considered an attraction in themselves
– Best Design: Architectural brilliance in toilets, visual design, and creativity
– Quirkiest Toilet Experience: Relating to local heritage, fun, or otherwise noteworthy
– Best Accessible Toilet: Supporting the idea of tourism for all
– Sanitation Progress: Aimed at developing economy destinations that have made big steps in public toilet provision
– Best Economic Contributor: For when people stop at a toilet in a destination and stay on to spend more than a penny
– Overall commitment to toilet tourism
Anyone can nominate a great toilet in any country. Submission are now being accepted from tourism destinations and businesses that want to wipe the floor with the competition.
It’s free to nominate, and the online form is here.
Entries close May 1, 2018.