2017 best hotel rewards programs named
2017 Hotel Rewards Report released
With some of the year’s busiest travel days yet to come, WalletHub today released its 2017 Hotel Rewards Report, together with a helpful calculator, to help travelers make an informed choice about where to stay.
WalletHub examined the rewards programs operated by the 12 largest U.S. hotel chains based on 21 key metrics, such as the average value of a point, point expiration policies and the volatility of award night pricing.
• For the third year in a row, Wyndham Rewards is the best hotel loyalty program for travelers of all spending levels, earning an average WalletHub Score of 72.30.
• La Quinta offers up to $13.65 in rewards value per $100 spent – most among major hotel loyalty programs.
• Best Western is the only major hotel chain whose rewards points do not expire due to account inactivity.
• Club Carlson has the fewest limitations when it comes to earning rewards because you get the same earning rate at all of its brands.
• Wyndham Rewards offers the most redemption flexibility, allowing members to book award nights at consistent point values and without brand restrictions.
• Hilton Honors is the best hotel loyalty program for pooling points, as it allows you to transfer earnings to 49 travel partners, including American Airlines, Amtrak and United Airlines.
• Marriott Rewards is the best hotel loyalty program for international travelers, as Marriott operates properties in 126 countries.