Jamaica UNWTO conference: The future of tourism in the Caribbean
The subject this morning was the future of tourism in the Caribbean touching public private partnerships
Partnership for sustainable tourism started today at the UNWTO conference on jobs & inclusive growth in Montego Bay Convention Center.
A proud host the Jamaica minister of Tourism HE Edward Bartlett welcomed 1300 delegates from well over 60 countries to the largest tourism conference ever held in Jamaica. He said it’s actually the largest conference of this sort ever held in the world.
The subject this morning was the future of tourism in the Caribbean touching public private partnerships.
Keynote for The Future of Tourism – Innovation Challenges in the Caribbean Region was delivered by Eduardo Fayos-Solá, Senior Adviser, IITS George Washington University.
Overview session was moderated by Lloyd Waller, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Tourism, Ministry of Tourism, Jamaica.
The session’s panel members were:
• Dionisio D’Aguliar, Minister of Tourism and Aviation for the Bahamas and Chairman, CTO
• Karolin Troubetzkoy, President, CHTA
• Kim Hurtault-Osborne, Executive Secretary for Integral Development, OAS
• Virginia Messina, Director, Caribbean Recovery Taskforce, WTTC
• Carlos Vogeler, Executive Director, UNWTO
• Abel Matutes, Director General, Palladium Hotel Group