ASHEVILLE, NC – With the first official days of summer just around the corner, travelers can follow the footsteps of President and First Lady Obama’s weekend getaway to the Blue Ridge Mountains and enter to win their own presidential vacation, including a stay at The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa.
Check out what the First Couple did on their romantic Asheville getaway this spring:
– Bee-Line for BBQ: Moments after landing, Obama motorcade arrives at 12 Bones for creative barbecue flavors in Asheville’s eclectic River Arts District (video)
– Historic Digs: Obamas check into Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa where ten US presidents have stayed since the hotel opened in 1913
– Hiking the Blue Ridge: President Obama makes history as the first sitting president to step foot on the famed Blue Ridge Parkway, celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2010
– Dining in a Foodtopian Society: Obamas eat local in farm-to-table, organic Asheville
– Sporty Escapades & Spa Bliss: Golf, tennis, more golf, basketball and a world-renowned, subterranean spa
– From the White House to Biltmore House: Vanderbilt’s great grandson gives tour of America’s largest private family home
– Secret Service Beer Run: “Beer City USA” creates a craft beer for President Obama
Since the 1800s, America’s jet-set has been drawn to the scenic beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, making Asheville their hub to soak in resort culture and healing mountain air. Historic Grove Park Inn has hosted prominent figures throughout the decades, including ten US presidents. Literati, celebrities, presidents, and titans of industry made seasonal jaunts to the city leaving a lasting footprint, most notably George W. Vanderbilt who made Asheville the backdrop for his architectural passion by building America’s Largest Home, Biltmore. This history of culture, innovation, and natural inspiration permeates the Asheville of today through a diverse art scene, 200+ independent restaurants, ten craft breweries, and score of galleries and boutiques framed by more Art Deco architecture than any city outside of Miami.
To enter the contest, go to: http://www.exploreasheville.com/asheville-giveaway/presidential-getaway/index.aspx .