Japan Airlines introduces special painted “JAPAN AIRLINES Championship Jet”
Japan Airlines (JAL) will introduce a specially painted aircraft to commemorate the “JAPAN AIRLINES Championship” on its international routes from early August 2017.
JAL is making full efforts to ensure the success of the PGA Champions tournament, the first ever PGA TOUR-sanctioned event to be held in Japan this September.
Overview of “JAPAN AIRLINES Championship JET” Specially Painted Aircraft
– Scheduled on flights beginning August 4 (Friday) until a time determined at a later date.
– Destinations: Mainly North America routes (mainly Tokyo Narita-Chicago, New York John F. Kennedy and Los Angeles)
(*)Operating schedule is subject to change.
– Aircraft type: Boeing 777-300ER
– Registration number: JA731J
Additional JAL Initiatives for PGA Championship event:
Inflight Magazine: Player interviews in English, featured in articles from July to November.
Inflight video: Nine player interviews airing on the inflight PR channel in August
1. Name: “JAPAN AIRLINES Championship”
2. Outline – Period: September 4 (Monday) – September 10 (Sunday)
– Location: Narita Golf Club (Operated by Accordia Golf)
– Field: 68 (60 + Max 8 invited players)
– Competition dates: September 6 – 7, Pro-Am Tournament
September 8 – 10, Official Tournament