China Travel Innovation Summit opens for registration
TravelDaily (www.traveldaily.cn), China’s leading online publisher and event organizer with emphasis on trends in the distribution, marketing, and technology of the travel and tourism industries, to
TravelDaily (www.traveldaily.cn), China’s leading online publisher and event organizer with emphasis on trends in the distribution, marketing, and technology of the travel and tourism industries, today announced it will partner with PhoCusWright to host the 2009 China Travel Innovation Summit in Beijing from May 12 to 13, 2009.
“Innovation leads the travel and tourism industry into a truly global business and the world’s largest industry,” said Eva He, marketing director of TravelDaily.” In the face of the current global economic downturn, innovation will help travel industry players thrive in this challenging environment.
TravelDaily is proud to host China’s leading travel innovation conference by bringing distinguished speakers from both established travel companies and promising startups. TravelDaily conference is now regarded as the most prestigious industry event by Chinese travel professionals and global travel companies who are interested to invest in China. By working together with PhoCusWright, the world’s leading research authority for the travel industry, we are confident we can create a truly interactive and inspiring event for the travel decision-makers.”
Innovation to combat challenging times is the underlying theme of the 2009 China Travel Innovation Summit. This year TravelDaily will take a refreshing look at the travel distribution business from the perspective of distribution leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists.
Startup Challenge will be the most exciting part of this summit. Six to eight selected entrepreneurs from these startup companies who have been formed within the past year or companies leaving stealth mode (or are a little beyond startup), will have the chance to demonstrate their innovative solutions or products that will significantly impact travel planning, purchasing, and trendsetting. The winner will be rewarded the TravelDaily Innovation Award.
Distinguished speakers for this conference include:
– Lan Tang, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Ctrip
– Zhen Xie, Vice President of Web & Business Development, Elong
– Martina Groenegres, Chief Representative of China, Lufthansa
– Hao Wu, General Manager of China, TripAdvisor
– Ram Badrinathan, General Manager of Asia Pacific, PhoCusWright
– Jinwen Ruan, VP of Iresearch
– Weiqing Yang, IResearch Consulting Group, CEO
– Patrick Lai, Vice President of North Asia and Content Marketing, Abacus
– William Bao Bean, Partner, Softbank China&India Holdings
– David Chambat, Vice President of Asia Pacific, TVtrip.com
– Jens Thraenhart, Present, Chameleon Strategies
– Martin Symes, CEO of Wego
– Beatrice Tarka, CEO and Co-Founder of Mobissimo
– Morris Sim, CEO and Co-Founder, Circos.com
– Qian Yu, Principal, Fidelity Asia Ventures
– Jianhua Jin, VP, Chinaventure
– Michael Hong, GM of Sales and Marketing, Greater China of FCM Travel Solutions
– Senior Executives from ChinaOnline, Derbysoft and HUBS1
– Senior Executive from Egencia
The 2009 China Travel Innovation Summit will be held at the Hotel New Otani Chang Fu Gong, Beijing from May 12-13, 2009. The conference is now open for registration and the super early bird rate will be valid through April 1. For more information, please visit the event website: http://summit.traveldaily.cn/innovation/index_en.asp.