THAI Airways implements MERS Virus preventive measures
Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) announced that it implemented preventive measure regarding the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in order to boost THAI customers’ conf
Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) announced that it implemented preventive measure regarding the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in order to boost THAI customers’ confidence.
Mr.Charamporn Jotikasthira, THAI President, revealed that due to news about the MERS virus outbreak and THAI flights within the affected areas, the Company decided to release prevention measures with consideration to the aircraft service and staff safety in the an effort to boost passenger confidence. The Company’s preventive MERS are as follows:
1. Screen passengers and ground customer services measure: monitor passengers before check-in and in some cases maybe to present a doctor’s letter of health certification.
2. Service on board measure: monitor passengers during the flight.
3. Prepare the aircraft and sterilization measure: antibacterial solution inside the aircraft while the aircraft is parked at the airport.
4. Aircraft cleaning measure: deep clean and disinfect 36 touch points in the passenger cabin.
5. Preventive and safeguard measure regarding staff sanitation: carry personal protective equipment on board and educate staff about preventive health care.
6. Commercial mail and cargo measure: check containers and prevent deliver of suspected goods.
7. Dietary measure: select raw materials, use clean meal preparation methods and avoid risks of infection.
Furthermore, THAI implemented these prevention measures ever since the SARS outbreak in 2003, H5N1 in 2014, and Ebola whereby these measure received recognition by the World Health Organization (WHO).
However, THAI collaborating with the Ministry of the Public Health to closely monitor the situation and other measures that have been implemented by the Ministry of Public Health.