Vacation season: Where travelers want to go this summer?
PARSIPPANY, NJ - Memorial Day officially kicked off the summer season, and many travelers are looking forward to their next vacation.
PARSIPPANY, NJ – Memorial Day officially kicked off the summer season, and many travelers are looking forward to their next vacation. Travel companies have an insider’s view of where customers are looking to go, which often reveals interesting trends.
RCI looked at search data from RCI subscribing members planning a vacation from Memorial Day to Labor Day 2015 to get a big picture view of where travelers are hoping to visit this summer.
When searching by destination, the top searched locations were:
1. Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya areas of Mexico (9.1 percent)
2. Florida’s Southern Atlantic coast (7.7 percent)
3. Tenerife, Spain (7.2 percent)
4. Cancun, Mexico (5.5 percent)
5. Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina (5.4 percent)
When searching by specific city, the top searched locations were:
1. Orlando, Florida (14.8 percent)
2. Kissimmee, Florida (11.3 percent)
3. Malaga, Spain (4.5 percent)
4. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (4.2 percent)
5. Williamsburg, Virginia (3.8 percent)