Official: Vistara completes test flights, ready to take off
NEW DELHI, India - Tata Sons full-service carrier joint venture with Singapore Airlines - Vistara - has completed the mandatory test flights and is expecting the issuance of a flying licence or air op
NEW DELHI, India – Tata Sons full-service carrier joint venture with Singapore Airlines – Vistara – has completed the mandatory test flights and is expecting the issuance of a flying licence or air operator permit (AOP) from the regulator soon, a top official of the company said.
“We confirm that we have concluded our proving flights schedule early this morning. This was the last and final milestone to be crossed. We now await the AOP to announce our operations,” the airline’s chief executive Phee Teik said.
The development assumes significance as the trial flight process is a mandatory safety audit before an airline is issued an AOP.
The trial flights are conducted under the supervision of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) officials.
The airline currently has two Airbus 320s on lease and plans on having another five by March next year.
The airline had intended to start operations from October after receiving the first plane, an Airbus A320-200 and the issuance of AOP.
The JV airline has Tata Sons holding a majority stake of 51 percent with Singapore Airlines having the remaining 49 percent.