Submit Press release  Ě eTN Team ·  Advertising  ·  eTN Awards  - Worldtourism Events    


Scolded tourism officials reconsider bringing Pro Bowl back  Mar 03, 2009

After being scolded for passing up on a Pro Bowl contract, Hawaii Tourism Authority board members told lawmakers today they would reconsider the deal.

Last week the NFL offered to bring the Pro Bowl back to Hawaii in 2011 and 2012. But a divided board rejected the offer mostly because the all-star game would be played before the Superbowl not after it as usual.

Today, Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann, who's been tracking the deal from the sidelines says the NFL's offer is final.

"I like to believe in our next board meeting march 6, we would have an affirmative vote; securing the requisite number of votes which is seven, that would vote in favor of accepting the NFL's offer.

The game gives the state a $28 million annual boost. Meantime, Hawaii's tourism industry is wrapping up a cross-country promotional tour to attract visitors.

Scolded tourism officials reconsider bringing Pro Bowl back
Image via

Premium Partners