MCLEAN, VA – Curio – A Collection by Hilton and multi-platinum selling, Grammy-nominated recording artist Gavin DeGraw today announce a new partnership that will help travelers get the inside scoop to experience select cities like a local as part of the brand’s #CitiesbyCurio program.
#CitiesbyCurio with Gavin DeGraw will debut August 28, during DeGraw’s fall North American tour with Andy Grammer.
DeGraw helped create #CitiesbyCurio Local Guides, which will be available at www.citiesbycurio.com and reveal insider tips on truly local experiences in five cities on the tour where Curio hotels are currently or soon-to-be open:
• Grand Rapids, Mich. – Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton ◦ Concert: September 7 at Meijer Gardens
• St. Louis, Mo. – St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton (scheduled to open as a Curio on September 25) ◦ Concert: September 27 at Peabody Opera House
• Providence, R.I. – Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton ◦ Concert: October 10 at Providence Performing Arts Center
• Boston – Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton (scheduled to open as a Curio on September 13) ◦ Concert: October 15 at Orpheum Performing Arts Center
• Philadelphia – The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton ◦ Concert: October 19 at The Fillmore
Each city’s guide shared on www.CitiesbyCurio.com – an extension of the brand’s website that provides travelers with tips and ideas to help them experience Curio markets like a local – will coincide with DeGraw’s concert date.
“Anyone who loves to travel will appreciate Curio’s Local Guides,” said DeGraw. “When I’m on tour, I always look for off-the-beaten-path spots so I can experience the community I’m visiting like a local – whether it’s hitting a dive bar on the outskirts of town or finding a bike-share to get some exercise between gigs.”
As Hilton’s rapidly-expanding global collection of distinctive upscale and luxury hotels, Curio launched the #CitiesbyCurio program in 2015 by partnering with local influencers to create online guides featuring suggested itineraries, photos and other content that highlights the authentic and intriguing aspects of Curio hotels and the markets they serve.
Each one of the Local Guides, created by DeGraw, showcases a unique Curio property and features his suggestions for interesting places to explore in the city, such as Post 390 in Boston, Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts in Grand Rapids, Mich. and Nick’s on Broadway in Providence, R.I.
“Gavin’s passion for exploring local culture makes him an ideal partner to share our cities’ ‘hidden gems’ with loyal fans and Curio collection guests,” said Dianna Vaughan, senior vice president and global head, Curio – A Collection by Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton. “As our newest #CitiesbyCurio influencer, he will surely inspire travelers to enjoy the authentic local experiences that define what Curio represents.”
In addition to the Local Guides, fans are encouraged to follow the Curio collection and DeGraw on social media throughout his multi-city tour for access to:
• Concert ticket giveaways on Curio’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter social channels.
• A takeover by DeGraw on Curio’s Twitter page so fans can submit the questions they’ve always wanted to ask.
• Regular glimpses into DeGraw’s daily life on the road, via Curio’s social channels.