Submit Press release  eTN Team ·  Advertising  ·  eTN Awards  - Worldtourism Events    

Puerto Vallarta Restaurant abduction: No tourist involved

Aug 16, 2016

According to a statement received by eTurboNews no tourist was a victim of this morning abduction of 16 restaurant guests in at La Leche, a popular upscale restaurant located on on Zona Hotelera Norteis on the main tourist hotel stretch of the Mexican beach resort city of Puerto Vallarta.

Puerto Vallarta is known for a tolerant and fun beach town. It's also k considered one of the most popular gay friendly cities in Mexico. Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta is both diverse and active.

The statement by the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board says:

The Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board deeply regrets the events that occurred this morning in one of the city’s restaurants and confirms that no tourist was involved or affected in this incident. As an immediate safety measure, security has been reinforced in Puerto Vallarta to ensure that residents as well as tourists can continue with their normal activities.

The Governor of the State of Jalisco, Aristoteles Sandoval, announced earlier that an investigation involving different security forces on the Federal, State and Municipal, levels was launched, as well as the authorities of the neighboring state of Nayarit, to find those responsible. Early findings from the investigation led by the State Attorney of Jalisco, Eduardo Almaguer, stated that in a first examination, the victims and perpetrators belong to criminal groups from another region of the country, confirming the likelihood of this being an isolated case.

“As representatives of the tourism community of Puerto Vallarta, a city recognized by the warmth of its people and the ease with which visitors enjoy the destination’s diverse offerings, we do not tolerate violence of any kind,” said Agustin Alvarez general director of the Puerto Vallarta Tourism Board. “We are following the instructions by the different government authorities and encourage the community to do the same; as well as pay attention to information and facts solely communicated by the authorities in charge, in order to dispel false rumors and avoid confusion that do not represent the actual situation in Puerto Vallarta and ensure we do not compromise the security of our residents and tourists.”

It is important to note that the authorities are taking the necessary measures and Puerto Vallarta is fully operational with all tourism services and attractions open and following their regular schedules without any interruptions.

We hope that this isolated and unprecedented event has minimal impact in our city. We are committed to proactively providing accurate information from official sources in a timely manner in order to keep our industry, residents and travelers informed, safe and well taken care of at all times.

Puerto Vallarta Restaurant abduction: No tourist involved

Premium Partners