LAS VEGAS, NV – Visitors looking to celebrate Mexican Independence Day this year should look no further than the Entertainment Capital of the World. Next month, El Grito enthusiasts will enjoy some of the world’s top Latin music headliners, festive events and authentic cuisine within the destination. Each year, an impressive array of diverse international and domestic visitors come to Las Vegas to celebrate El Grito in an extraordinary way.
The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace will partner with InVegas Magazine to kick off festivities with an official opening ceremony on Sept. 15 at 7:30 p.m. The ode to El Grito will start with a Mexican Consul bell ringing, followed by strolling mariachis and folkloric dancers. Guests can also qualify for special offerings from retailers within The Forum Shops by visiting the InVEGAS hospitality and welcome desks, where they will receive an official wristband. This event is free and open to the public.
On Sept. 16, Mayweather Promotions Presents Fight Night, featuring Ishe Smith vs. Frank Galarza. Fueling the El Grito excitement, the square-off will take place at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Doors will open at 4 p.m.
To complement the destination’s top-notch entertainment offerings, Las Vegas boasts an array of premier culinary experiences. South-of-the-border bites and celebratory beverages will leave fans and foodies chanting, “Olé!” China Poblano inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will unveil a “Viva Mexico” menu, featuring dishes such as Flautas de Pato con Mole Mihuateco, Chile en Nogada and more. In collaboration with the noodles and tacos restaurant, 123 Tequila will be on-location serving up Mexican-inspired libations. Hussong’s Cantina at the Shoppes at Mandalay Bay joins the celebration with all-day food and drink specials on Sept. 16.
World-class Latin performers taking over iconic venues in Las Vegas include:
• Carlos Santana at House of Blues inside Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Sept. 14, Sept. 16, Sept. 17-18.
• Mexican mariachi singer Alejandro Fernández at the MGM Grand Garden Arena inside MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Sept. 15.
• Latin pop greats Emmanuel & Mijares at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Sept. 15.
• Mr. Worldwide, Pitbull at The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 15-16.
• Mariachi and Latin pop legend Juan Gabriel at Mandalay Bay Events Center inside Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Sept. 16.
• Latin music superstar Enrique Iglesias at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Sept. 16-17.
• Mexican singer/songwriter Gloria Trevi at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Sept. 17.
• Julión Alvarez Y Su Norteño Banda at Mandalay Bay Events Center inside Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Sept. 17.
• Marc Anthony at The AXIS Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Sept. 17.
• MANÁ at the MGM Grand Garden Arena inside MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Sept. 16.