MEXICO CITY, Mexico – Grupo Aeromexico SAB de CV today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the second quarter 2016.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE SECOND QUARTER 2016
• Grupo Aeromexico’s second quarter 2016 revenues reached $12.4 billion pesos, a 9.7% year on-year increase. During the quarter Revenue per ASK (RASK) increased by 5.6% compared to the same period of 2015.
• The quarterly financial results reflect the positive impact of reduced fuel prices and the negative impact of Mexican peso depreciation against the US dollar. CASK in pesos increased 6.6% while CASK in US dollars decreased 9.9% during the quarter, highlighting Grupo Aeromexico´s ongoing success in unit cost optimization.
• Grupo Aeromexico reported an operating profit of $385 million pesos, a 0.7% year-on-year increase, with an operating margin of 3.1%. This represents the 25th consecutive quarter of positive EBIT results.
• Second quarter EBITDAR reached $2.9 billion pesos, a 22.8% year-on-year increase. EBITDAR margin amounted to 23.5%, a 2.5 percentage point increase compared to the second quarter of 2015.
• Net income reached $28 million pesos with a 0.2% margin for the second quarter 2016.
• Grupo Aeromexico´s revenues reached $24.4 billion pesos for the first half of 2016, an 11.3% increase compared to the same period of 2015. EBITDAR reached $6.0 billion pesos, a 25.3% increase year-on-year.
• During the first half of 2016, Grupo Aeromexico reported operating profit of $1.0 billion pesos, a 14.4% increase compared to the same period 2015. Operating margin reached 4.2%, 0.1 percentage points higher than the first half of 2015.
• Second quarter 2016 cash flow generation remained strong with $3.6 billion pesos in incremental net cash flow generated from operating activities. Aeromexico’s cash position as of June 30th 2016 was $7.3 billion pesos. This brings Grupo Aeromexico’s cash to last-twelve-month revenue ratio to 14.9%.
• During the quarter, the Company added net two aircraft to its fleet under operating lease agreements. As at 30 June, Grupo Aeromexico’s operating fleet comprised 128 aircraft.