ROCKVILLE, MD – Choice Hotels International, Inc recently hosted its prestigious Hotel of the Year Awards at its 62nd annual convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. This convention celebrates exceptional properties from each of Choice International’s 11 global brands that have demonstrated superior lodging excellence, hospitality and customer service. The owners of the highest rated properties in a portfolio of more than 6,400 franchised hotels around the world were all present to accept this honor.
To identify top performing properties, Choice relies on the Choice Hotels Owners Council, a group of representatives from across the United States dedicated to serve their fellow franchisees under the Choice Hotels umbrella.
“I am extremely proud of the level of excellence these winning hotels achieved,” says Steve Joyce, chief executive officer of Choice Hotels. “Some hotels are repeat winners which demonstrates their unwavering commitment to serving travelers. As we continue to grow, the honorees of the Hotel of the Year Award serve as an exemplary model for new additions to come and what it means to provide exceptional customer care.”
Below is the full list of the 2016 Choice Hotels International Platinum Hospitality Award Winners:
• Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville – Indianapolis (Indianapolis, Indiana) – The Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville – Indianapolis is conveniently located near numerous corporate headquarters and all major Indianapolis attractions such as the Indianapolis Convention Center, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NCAA Hall of Champions, Klipsch Music Center and the Grand Park Sporting Complex. The upscale hotel provides guests with a fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub, complimentary Wi-Fi, and nearly 3,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting facilities and event space, with full catering and audio/visual services available.
• Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City (Traverse City, Michigan) – The Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City, located near the Cherry Capitol Airport, provides guests access to the endless beaches of Lake Michigan, close proximity to the Grand Traverse Bay, Northwestern Michigan College, Old Mission Peninsula Wineries, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Leelanau Peninsula and the Interlochen National Music Camp. The upscale hotel features a bistro and full-service bar, Reflect, and also provides guests with a state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour indoor pool and hot tub, complimentary Wi-Fi and free airport transportation.
• Ascend Hotel Florence (Florence, South Carolina) – Located in the heart of beautiful downtown Florence, SC, the historic Ascend Hotel Florence offers guests an elegant and relaxed atmosphere within walking distance of Francis Marion University as well as many shops, restaurants and local attractions including Darlington Raceway, Florence Veterans Park and Florence National Cemetery. The hotel recently opened The Spa at the Hotel Florence, offering a variety of services including but not limited to massages, facials and body wraps, and is known for its restaurant, Victor’s, voted “Florence’s Best Restaurant.” The 64-room upscale hotel provides guests with a fitness center and sundry shop as well as complimentary WiFi and weekday newspapers. The hotel is operated by Raines Hospitality and was nominated in 2015 for the award, but this is the first time it has earned this distinction from Choice Hotels.
• Comfort Suites Barstow (Barstow, California) – Nestled as a midway point to popular destinations such as Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, Comfort Suites Barstow provides the perfect accommodations for all types of travelers. Whether guests are driving down the historic Route 66, paying a visit to the Calico Ghost down or eager to visit the Outlets of Barstow and array of restaurants available, the all-suite property highlights the brand tagline – Rested. Set. Go. – underscoring the Comfort brand’s promise to deliver a refreshing guest experience. The Marwah family of Elite Experience, Inc. are the principals responsible for the pristine development of the Comfort Suites Barstow and this is their first distinction from Choice Hotels.
• Comfort Inn Apple Valley (Sevierville, Tennessee) – Appealing to virtually every type of traveler, adults and children alike, the Comfort Inn Apple Valley is steps away from must-see attractions such as Dollywood, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Tanger Outlets and Titanic Museum. This family hotel features amenities to help business and leisure travelers make the most of their trip with services such as complimentary WiFi and signature breakfast, a trolley stop at the hotel, private balconies, a seasonal outdoor heated pool and indoor pool and spa. The Comfort Inn Apple Valley is a three-time Choice Hotel of the Year Award winner and multiple Choice Platinum Award winner.
• Comfort Inn Sturbridge (Sturbridge, Massachusetts) – Ideally located at the intersection of I-84 and I-90, this property is just minutes from Old Sturbridge Village, many unique boutique and antique shops and an array of distinctive restaurants. Those seeking a staycation can make this a home away from home with free amenities including WiFi, the Comfort brand’s complimentary signature hot and hearty breakfast buffet, indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool, as well as a seasonal outdoor pool on an enclosed patio. Owned by the Fantaroni family, this is their 27th hospitality award since opening its doors in 2001.
• Sleep Inn & Suites Cross Lanes (Cross Lanes, West Virginia) – Conveniently located 15 minutes outside of Charleston off Interstate 64, the hotel offers easy access to West Virginia State University, the Charleston Civic Center, the West Virginia State Capitol Complex and the Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences. Visitors to the capital city can also enjoy the Charleston Town Center Shopping mall and the Capitol Market farmer’s market. Winning this award for the second year in a row, owners Angela Harding and Kelsey Harding have accumulated five Choice awards since opening in 1999.
• Quality Inn University (Lansing, Michigan) – Just minutes away from Michigan State University’s Spartan Stadium, the Quality Inn University hotel also provides easy access to the African World Museum and Resource Center, the Impression 5 Science Center, the Kresge Art Museum and the Michigan Historical Museum. In the 105 rooms at this smoke-free property, guests can enjoy free amenities as a weekday newspaper, hot breakfast WiFi, airport transportation, as well as access to the business and fitness centers.
• Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel New Orleans (New Orleans, Louisiana) – The unique 44-room hotel is located right on the Mardi Gras parade route and only a short distance from nearby renowned attractions like the French Quarter and Bourbon Street, the World War II Museum, the Audubon Zoo, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Tulane and Loyola Universities. Free amenities including WiFi, 42″ LED TVs, mini fridges, microwaves and coffee makers, as well as Clarion’s signature complimentary Continental Breakfast that adds to the property’s exemplary hospitality. The hotel is owned by Al Copeland Investments, a diverse company owning hotels, large scale food manufacturing plants and restaurants and this is their first Choice Award.
• MainStay Suites Barnesville (Barnesville, Pennsylvania) – This 70-room property is conveniently located off I-81 in Schuylkill County near Frackville, Pottsville and Hazleton and adjacent to mountain Valley Golf Course, Yuengling Brewery and Tuscarora and Locust Lake State Parks. All rooms include fully furnished kitchens and wired and wireless internet, assuring guests that being away from home doesn’t mean being out of balance. Owned and operated by Mountain Beauty Group since opening in 2013, this is the group’s first hotel and Choice accolade, allowing the team to continue focusing on consistently providing excellence in service and accommodations to guests.
• Econo Lodge Rochester at the Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minnesota) – Located off Routes 52 and 63, the Econo Lodge Rochester at Mayo Clinic Area is just 5 minutes from the Mayo Clinic Rochester and Apache Mall and a quick ride to the Quarry Hill Nature Center, History Center of Olmsted County and Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial. Offering an experience to simplify travel, the smoke-free hotel in Rochester provides complimentary shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic and St. Mary’s Hospital, free amenities including hot breakfast, WiFi, coffee and afternoon tea, a weekday newspaper, as well as guest laundry facilities. This property is owned by Mike and Lynette Johnson and previously won the Hotel of the Year accolade in 2014, 2012 and 2009.
• Suburban Extended Stay Hotel – Triadelphia (Triadelphia, West Virginia) – Featuring a number of special amenities, the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel is ideal for those looking to unwind. The property includes a gazebo area with gas grills, outdoor benches in a park-like setting, a guest laundry facility, fully equipped fitness facility, is pet friendly and also offers dog walking services. The Suburban Extended Stay – Triadelphia is owned by Glenmark Holdings of Morgantown and managed by EXCL Hospitality out of Louisville, KY and this is the second year in a row the property has been given this honor.
• Rodeway Inn & Suites Hoisington (Hoisington, Kansas) – Positioned as a haven for hunters, the Rodeway Inn & Suites Hoisington features a cleaning station and freezers for game, and is the closest lodging to the Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area. The property is locally owned and operated by the Citizens of Kansas management company. The team prides itself on staff friendliness and its commitment to servings its guests and is thrilled for their first recognition from Choice.