SINGAPORE – Singapore is making strides towards its ambition to become a technology thought leader through a slew of business events secured in various sectors like information and medical technologies.
Scheduled for 2016 and beyond, the technology-centric MICE (Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions & Exhibitions) events range from globally-renowned meetings to regional conventions making their debuts in Singapore. They are expected to attract the brightest minds and will provide delegates with compelling content and opportunities to exchange knowledge with local and regional leaders.
Said Ms Melissa Ow, Deputy Chief Executive, Singapore Tourism Board: “As a city with a multitude of strategic industries, Singapore is delighted to welcome MICE events that further add to our economic vibrancy. Events that offer stimulating content and inspire further dialogue will also build up our thought leadership, which is important for our knowledge-driven industries.”
A selection* of technology conventions, exhibitions and meetings
in Singapore (2016-2017):
• Tech in Asia conference (Apr 12 – 13 2016)
Held annually in Singapore, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Jakarta, Tech in Asia ranks among Asia’s largest conferences for the tech ecosystem.
The conferences bring together entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, developers and students to learn about the start-up community.
• InnovFest unBound (May 17 – 18 2016)
InnovFest unBound is a two day conference and exhibition that showcases innovative developments in the Asian media-tech sphere from the unBound community of start-ups, investors, brands and corporations, while bringing together like-minded attendees to explore collaboration opportunities.
• CommunicAsia, BroadcastAsia and EnterpriseIT (May 31 – Jun 3 2016) Lauded as Asia’s largest integrated info-communications technology (ICT) event, CommunicAsia presents the latest products and solutions across the entire spectrum that addresses issues within the Asia-Pacific markets. It is held in conjunction with BroadcastAsia and EnterpriseIT 2016, both leading events in Asia in the broadcast and enterprise IT solutions fields.
• Echelon Asia Summit 2016 (Jun 15 – 16 2016)
Echelon Asia Summit is a two-day summit where over 5,000 digital professionals and entrepreneurs from the region’s tech ecosystem gather to share their knowledge and experiences, while exploring collaboration opportunities in the fields of technology, business and investments across Asia.
• 14th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (Mobisys) (Jun 26 – 30 2016)
MobiSys 2016 will touch on innovative and significant research into the field of mobile computing and wireless connectivity, covering aspects such as the design, implementation, usage, and evaluation of systems, applications, and services.
• Singapore International Robo Expo (SIRE) (Nov 1 – 3 2016)
The inaugural Singapore International Robo Expo (SIRE) will provide a global platform for stakeholders in the field of robotics solutions to explore projects and collaboration opportunities with one another.
• Asia Pacific MedTech Forum (Nov 8 – 10 2016)
The Asia Pacific MedTech Forum is the region’s leading event for medical technology professionals, and was started after the formation of the Asia Pacific Medical Technology Association (APACMed), which is the first and only regional association that provides a voice for the medical technology and device industry, comprising of global multinationals and local SMEs.
• ISACA Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) Asia (Nov 12 – 16 2016)
An Asian-Pacific off-shoot of the renowned event that takes place in the United States of America, the regional premiere of CSX will feature top cyber security experts and thought leaders as they share their expertise with the industry through sessions tailored to various levels of cyber security capabilities.
• IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) [May 29 –
Jun 3 2017]
Held for the first time in Singapore, ICRA is the IEEE Robotics & Automation Society’s annual flagship conference where experts from the fields of robotics and automation for technical communications come together on an international stage to share their work and explore new frontiers.
• Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) 100 meeting (Nov 12 – 17 2017) The IETF meetings takes place three times a year in different regions of the world, and see volunteer IT engineers and specialists with the non-membership-based group –first started by the United States of America’s federal government – come together to discuss and formulate Internet framework-related matters like Internet Standards, and TCP/IP (Internet Protocol Suite).
* This list, accurate as of Jun 23 2016, highlights a selection of upcoming events and is not a comprehensive list of all business events in Singapore.