TORONTO, Canada – On Saturday, May 28, 2016, visitors are invited to tour Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (Billy Bishop Airport) as part of Doors Open Toronto 2016.
Visitors to Billy Bishop Airport will have the unique opportunity to explore the airport’s state-of-the-art facilities to learn more about its rich 75+-year history of providing travelers with a convenient, customer-oriented international gateway to the world.
WHAT: Billy Bishop Airport welcomes the public to tour the airport as part of the 17th annual Doors Open Toronto, presented by Great Gulf. This marks the first year that Billy Bishop Airport will participate in this city-wide event. Airport staff and partners will be onsite to answer questions and visitors will have access to:
• Billy Bishop Airport’s award-winning, underwater pedestrian tunnel as well as the mainland pavilion and island atrium;
• The airport’s fire hall and maintenance facility, which will include the opportunity for kids of all ages to explore the airport’s state-of-the-art safety vehicles;
• A staging area to view the airport’s runway operations and aircraft;
• Flash, a falcon, who is part of the airport’s wildlife management program;
• Ornge aircraft and facilities that provides Medevac emergency services;
• A historic photography exhibit in the island atrium depicting images of the airport; and,
• Airport partners and tenants, such as Porter Airlines, Nieuport Aviation, who will host displays, showcasing the full range of services that the airport offers.
WHO: Gene Cabral, Executive Vice President of Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and PortsToronto
WHEN: Saturday, May 28, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Note: Billy Bishop Airport is only participating in Doors Open Toronto on Saturday
WHERE: Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, 2 Eireann Quay, Toronto, ON