NEW YORK, New York – The North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA) now in its 24th year, honors the coveted “best of the best” in travel journalism,” which is judged by seasoned journalists, photographers and public relations professionals.
Premier Traveler was named 2015 NATJA Awards Competition Silver Prize Winner in the Byline Travel Column category “Letter from the Editor” by Features Editor Janet Forman. The Editor’s Letter was about Forman’s first hitchhiking trip around Europe as a college student. One lesson Janet said she learned is to hone your language skills. “Conversing in the local tongue is simply good manners,” wrote Forman.
Forman competed against several hundred entries from the top travel writers in the U.S. and Canada. “We are extremely delighted by the award and recognition as past winners include Travel + Leisure, National Geographic Traveler, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and Hemispheres,” said Adam Rodriguez, President/Publisher, Premier Traveler.
Forman was also named Finalist for six articles in Premier Traveler:
– Byline Travel Column: Editor’s Letter on Aviation in the April/May issue
– Travel Series – Magazine: Four stories on Most Compelling Women in Travel
– Special Focus Travel Articles – Print: Lifestyle Crete – Travel Trend that Endures, a personal story of Walter Lassally, Academy Award-winning cinematographer of Zorba the Greek
– Trade Travel Article: Forgotten Legends – Maybe Not, about Juan Trippe, Pan Am and the Golden Age of Travel
– Travel Tips Roundup Rude on the Road about manners in travel
– Now You See It, Now You Don’t, looking at the shrinking value of mileage.
Last year, multi-award winning Forman’s Premier Traveler Editor’s Letter took a first place award and Food for Flight took a second place from the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), a professional organization dating back to 1955. SATW Eastern Chapters Award Chairman Laura Phillips Bennett said, “This is a first in the record books. As far as we know no Editor’s Letter has ever won this contest.”
“Each of these articles truly encapsulate what Premier Traveler is designed to do. To provide informative, timeless articles not only based our own experiences, but those of our dedicated readers whose contributions makes these articles possible,” said Rodriguez.
About Premier Traveler
Premier Traveler (PT) was created as an outlet for its readers’ voices to be heard. Perpetually on-the-go (both domestically and abroad), with high expectations and a taste for luxury, Premier Traveler readers always have something to share—a personal experience, an opinion, a suggestion, a question – and PT was designed to listen and to get the answers they need. The open dialogue doesn’t stop with letters and emails from readers. Premier Traveler goes one step further by creating frequent questionnaires on a variety of topics, allowing the editorial team to inject the magazine’s content with valuable and relevant insights.
As perennial global travelers, PT readers demand premium products and services but can still appreciate a good deal. That’s why they turn to Premier Traveler for the latest travel news and information while also learning about exciting promotional offers and losing themselves in candid hotel and flight reviews. This is part of what makes Premier Traveler more than just another magazine, but one that shares a personal connection with its readers.
AWARD WINNING JOURNALISM
• 2013 “Best Magazine Article: U.S. Travel”
• 2013 “Best Magazine Article: Foreign Travel”
• 2013 “Best Business Travel Media Award”
• 2014 “Bill Muster Gold Award: Cultural Category”
• 2014 “Best Magazine Article Foreign Travel: The World’s a Stage”
• 2014 “Best Magazine Article Foreign Travel: Lisbon’s New Lease on Life”
• 2014 “Best in-depth coverage on travel theme: Series on Women in Travel”
• 2014 “The Business of Travel, Second Place: Meet in the Cloud Forest”
• 2014 “Best Photography, Action, Second Place: Shark Tank (Dubai)”
• 2015 “Best Magazine Article: Romance”
• 2015 “Best Magazine Article, Second Place: Food and Wine”