MEXICO CITY, Mexico – Grupo Aeromexico SAB de CV today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the first quarter 2016.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE FIRST QUARTER 2016
• Grupo Aeromexico’s first quarter 2016 revenues reached $12.1 billion pesos, a 12.9% year on-year increase.
• Grupo Aeromexico reported an operating profit of $641 million pesos, a 24.6% year-on-year increase. Operating margin reached 5.3%, a 0.5 percentage point improvement compared to the same period of 2015. This represents the 24th consecutive quarter of positive EBIT results.
• During the quarter, EBITDAR reached $3.1 billion pesos, a 27.8% increase compared to the prior year. EBITDAR margin amounted to 25.5%, a 3.0 percentage point increase compared to the first quarter of 2015.
• Net income reached $161 million pesos with a 1.3% margin for the first quarter 2016.
• These financial results reflect the positive impact of reduced fuel prices and the negative impact of Mexican peso depreciation against the US dollar.
• In the first quarter of 2016 cash flow generation remained strong with $1.0 billion pesos incremental net cash flow generated from operating activities. Aeromexico’s cash position as of March 31st 2016 was $6.6 billion pesos.
• During the quarter, the Company added two aircraft to its fleet under operating lease agreements: one Embraer-170 and one Embraer-190. Grupo Aeromexico’s operating fleet comprised 126 aircraft, an increase of one aircraft compared to the fourth quarter of 2015.