STAMFORD, CT – Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc today announced that Starwood Preferred Guest and Major League Baseball today revealed an exciting lineup of once-in-a-lifetime experiences and rewards that will give SPG baseball fans exclusive access to America’s favorite pastime. Starting now, members can redeem Starpoints through SPG Moments for Opening Day access, premium regular season tickets and exclusive ballpark experiences.
Also today, SPG launched an interactive online game called “Get in the Game with SPG” that gives SPG members a chance to win a Grand Prize of two tickets to Game 1 of the 2016 World Series. These FAN-tastic rewards fulfill the promise of the SPG/MLB partnership to deliver big league member benefits along with opportunities to create cherished moments around an American tradition.
“Whether fans are watching the game from the first base line with a childhood friend or gathered around the TV with their family, baseball has always held a special place in America’s heart,” said Mark Vondrasek, Senior Vice President of Commercial Services for Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “SPG is thrilled to be able to offer our members exclusive access to once-in-a-lifetime MLB experiences that will create lifelong memories.”
“This partnership is special to us because it rewards avid baseball fans and SPG members with truly once-in-a-lifetime MLB experiences,” said Noah Garden, Executive Vice President, MLB Business. “MLB is excited to see our partnership with SPG coming to life through exciting member opportunities like the SPG Moments experiences and the online game.”
Getting in the game is easy for SPG members. Members can use Starpoints to bid on exclusive SPG MLB Moments like watching batting practice from the field or delivering the lineup card to the umpire at home plate. Other dream come true experiences include being able to throw out the ceremonial First Pitch at an MLB game or joining the Chicago Cubs as an honorary manager. Fixed Starpoints experiences include tickets for premium seating and experiences at some of the most renowned MLB ballparks, as well as MLB All-Star game tickets and activities.
What’s on Deck for SPG Members in the 2016 Baseball Season:
SPG Member offerings for Regular Season packages include both fixed point and auction-style packages. Some highlights include:
• On-field experience with the Atlanta Braves for pre-game access to watch Batting Practice up close and deliver the official lineup card to the umpires at home plate.
• Boston Red Sox Batting Practice for four guests and VIP Tour of Fenway Park
• Philadelphia Phillies behind the scenes tour of Citizens Bank Park and invitation to participate in a team press conference.
• Premium seating at your favorite team’s game between 1st and 3rd base
• Stadium Lounge access with the Texas Rangers, Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies.
• MLB All-Star Game packages and World Series packages will be announced later in the season.
• From March 3, 2016 through March 18, 2016 (16 days total), members can play the new “Get in the Game with SPG” interactive game for a chance to receive a 15 percent discount on officially licensed MLB merchandise from MLB.com/shop.
“Get in the Game with SPG” Game Details
Launching today, the new “Get in the Game with SPG” interactive game is a fun way for members to get warmed up for baseball season and practice their skills. Game details are as follows:
• Get in the Game with SPG runs from March 3 through March 18 (16 days total).
• Members sign up to play this single player batting game using their SPG account number to register. Signing up for an SPG membership is free.
• Members can play daily, and every time a player signs in to play, he/she is entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win the Grand Prize, a pair of tickets to Game 1 of the 2016 World Series.
• Daily instant prizes include an annual subscription to MLB.tv Premium, Starpoints, and Amazon gift cards!
Players are able to personalize the design of their game by choosing a favorite home and away team. The game will auto-populate player names into the game’s scoreboard, and players are given their choice of four different pitch types, further customizing the gaming experience.