KIGALI, Rwanda – Come to Rwanda for the 8th Africa Carbon Forum to learn how to turn climate challenges into opportunities!
The Africa Carbon Forum has a proven record connecting African policymakers and practitioners, investors, local project developers and carbon market players. They come together to share the latest on regional and global climate change initiatives.
For progressive African policymakers, this annual forum is a “must‐attend” event, critical for keeping up to date with climate finance and market- and policy-based approaches to incentivize development.
The event will cover:
• Opportunities for Africa arising from the new, universal climate change agreement adopted in Paris, France, in December 2015
• Nationally Determined Contributions to climate change action – policy options and opportunities for transformational development in Africa
• Innovative projects, programmes and investment opportunities for low-carbon and climate-resilient development, such as the Africa Renewable Energy Initiative and Africa Initiative on Adaptation, Loss and Damage
• Sources of climate finance and how to access them, including market-based approaches for sustainable development
• Results‐based financing – rewarding real action on climate change
• Training opportunities on minigrids and other Low Emission Development Strategies
• Efforts to increase demand for carbon credits generated by the Clean Development Mechanism
• Cooperative initiatives under the Nairobi Framework Partnership
. . . and much more!