MANILA, Philippines – Food enthusiasts have another reason to visit Manila this April when Spain’s first and only Asian edition of its top culinary event, Madrid Fusion, will be staged for a second year in Manila. Organized by the Philippine Department of Tourism, Madrid Fusión Manila (MFM) is on April 7-9, 2016 at the SMX Convention Center of the SM Mall of Asia Complex.
MFM 2016 will feature an International Gastronomy Congress discussing the theme, “The Manila Galleon: East Meets West.”
The panel will feature the world’s most acclaimed chefs, including:
• Joan Roca, El Cellar de Can Roca (No.1 on The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list)
• Dani Garcia, Bibo Andalussian Brasserie and Tapas
• Jose Andres, Minibar
• Ricard Camarena, Ricard Camarena
• Angel Leon, Aponiente
• Jordi Butron, EpaiSucre
• Michael Voltaggio, Ink.
• Yoshihiro Narisawa, Les Creations de Narisawa Restaurant
• Virgilio Martinez, Central Restaurante (No.1 on Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants list)
• Michael Aspiras, Scout’s Honor
• Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan, Purple Yam
• Myke Sarthou, Alab,
• Kevin Cherkas of Cuca
• Leah Cohen, Pig & Khao
• Paul Qui, Qui
• David Thompson, Nahm
• Nurdin Topham, Nur
• Jungsik Yim, Jungsik
• Enrique Olvera, Pujol and
• Jorge Vallejo, Quintonil
MFM 2016 will also have a Trade Expo showcasing gourmet products, unique ingredients and regional delicacies from the Philippines, Spain, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Trade visitors enter the Trade Expo for free.
Alongside Madrid Fusion Manila is the month-long Flavors of the Philippines Festival that features food-related activities all over the Philippines from food tours, exhibits and gourmet markets to special dinners with celebrity chefs, food trips and hotel food festivals.
Celebrated annually in Madrid since 2003, Madrid Fusión is considered one of the leading gastronomy gatherings in the world.